• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX10xx, Polaris and Vega discussion.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I still think that 1070 will be on par at best. Not better.

But Im sure a decent overclock would definitely beat both the Titan X and 980ti.

Good thing I never bought that titan X lol I'd feel disrespected after spending $1000 to lose out on a xx70 series

I still think that 1070 will be on par at best. Not better.

But Im sure a decent overclock would definitely beat both the Titan X and 980ti.

Good thing I never bought that titan X lol I'd feel disrespected after spending $1000 to lose out on a xx70 series

It's normal for an architectural change... the 970 is on par to slightly faster than the original Titan.
People who buy the Titan level cards do so expecting the next generation to be faster with the cheaper cards.

It's normal for an architectural change... the 970 is on par to slightly faster than the original Titan.
People who buy the Titan level cards do so expecting the next generation to be faster with the cheaper cards.

^this.

If you live on the edge of tech, you see how fast that edge moves away from you. I made a conscience decision when I bought the 980ti that I would sell and upgrade every release. That way you still get decent money out of your card and your have the newer tech.

With that in mind, I will be waiting for the 1080Ti.

I also doubt that I will ever go SLI again unless the implementation becomes seamless.

At this point everything is either speculation or skepticism. I will admit though, I am excited about this generation. I'm not sure why but that hype video definitely has me pumped.

They are skipping a transistor generation with the new 10xx cards...so, I expect that the performance increase will be more than the last jump to Maxwell.

Nailed it Soulcatcher.
People who live on the edge of the tech know to expect it. Those who don't live on the edge won't ever know it happened.

As long as I can run triple monitors (currently 5760x1080) off of a single GPU then I won't go SLI.

I'm still curious what AMD has.. but I'm sure they are beat.
Just like all that hype with the Fury X.

I am definitely hanging around until the 1080ti as well.

I've just always thought the gtx xx80 series were somewhat wasteful when it compares to the ti series and 70 series cards price to performance wise that it.

And titan series is something I've never even considered

Yeah personally I'm very skeptical that the 1080 "has the performance of a titan X"

It might come close but no way that it beats is.

Yeah I meant to say the gtx 1070 not 1080

looking at the chart at Anandtech to see where People get the estimates since NDA won't allow the review sites to disclose any informant except some specifications. The The GTX 1080 is 9 TFLOPs the GTX 1070 is 6.5 TFLOPs and the GTX 980 is 5 TFLOPs, GTX 780 is 4.1 TFLOPs I look up what the Titan x has for TFLOPs and it is 7. Nvidia said they spent several billions on development so we will have to see how the architectural efficiency is when they bench test the 1070 , there running the same memory as before GDDR5.[/QUOTE]

The GTX 1070 should be close to the Titan according to the TFLOPs maybe better do to architectural efficiency.

At this point everything is either speculation or skepticism. I will admit though, I am excited about this generation. I'm not sure why but that hype video definitely has me pumped.
Do you have a link to that hype video?

Last edited:
looking at the chart at Anandtech to see where People get the estimates since NDA won't allow the review sites to disclose any informant except some specifications. The The GTX 1080 is 9 TFLOPs the GTX 1070 is 6.5 TFLOPs and the GTX 980 is 5 TFLOPs, GTX 780 is 4.1 TFLOPs I look up what the Titan x has for TFLOPs and it is 7. Nvidia said they spent several billions on development so we will have to see how the architectural efficiency is when they bench test the 1070 , there running the same memory as before GDDR5.

The GTX 1070 should be close to the Titan according to the TFLOPs maybe better do to architectural efficiency.

You posted that already...!

Its also not all about TFlops but... its all we have.

No it is a new post for DefiantReaper he quoted me, I wanted let him know more detail than my original post. I know it's more than TFLOPs, that should be the understanding of my post, have read.

Not in israel, They just take the cards off the shelves, And if I do stumble upon a 980 then it will still be at least 400$

I will test the oc in the summer, And I live in Israel so the temps here are 30c-40c(about 100f?) in the summer, And I don't have a conditioner or whatever its called(the thing that take air from the outside and cool it).

A hundred degrees Farenheit ambient air temp. and no air conditioner? Yikes.

A hundred degrees Farenheit ambient air temp. and no air conditioner? Yikes.

that was much of the summers of my bachelor life when i lived alone $50 electric bills for the win :)

Back