• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 270x bios flash issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingfish999

running twin 270x cards in crossfire. the primary card was running decent amount hotter than i liked under load. i wanted to change the fan profile in the cards bios because i didnt want to use a program. both cards flashed normal but apparently something happened and not sure what. the primary card is fine and working but the second card doesnt seem to have flashed correctly or something. when trying to boot Windows, it will crash and restart the computer and then windows will attempt to repair itself which doesnt work.

if i remove the second card it works fine so its defiantly the second card. if i try running only the second card it will display but not boot windows. im able to boot safe mode fine with the card in. a couple times i was able to boot normal mode and CCC would not show Crossfire but in the hardware section it would show a linked card. when opening ATIWinFlash to try and read the flash and reflash it, it read fine but it still doesnt boot correctly. a couple times i was able to boot on the second card only and CCC would indicate it didn't detect a ATI card

any ideas what i can do to fix this? or did i brick it?

Last edited:
figueres i spend 5 hours screwing with this crap and soon as i post this i get it working. kept trying to use cmd with atiwinflash as the tutorial showed. didnt realize it had a gui so i didnt need to use cmd. it took care of and worked soo much easier. this fan profile should help a good amount atif.png

Back