• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Want to buy new phone help me choose which one is better.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

M@rk

Hello :)
I want to buy a new phone in summer and I have 2 phones that I want but which one?
I dont want to spend too much cause i mainly want from the phone to YouTube, Surf the web and game a little, Also music is very impotant.
Here are 2 options I have :
LG Leon C50
Or
LG G4C
I prefer the Leon cause its cheaper,
So which one should I buy?

Last edited:
I don't know what the cost difference is where you are but I would personal go with the G4 mainly for the expanded memory capability. The G4 comes with 32gb of memory as compared to the 8 on the Leon. The G4 it's also able to have a much larger sd card of max 200gb versus the Leon having a max size of 32gb. I use my phone as an mp3 player so I like the extra room to be able to store all my media

In addition to Lochekey said the G4C has a bigger, higher resolution screen. It's also on a newer Android version, has dual band WiFi, and sports a bigger battery.

Are there any other options in your price range though?
Maybe a link to where we can see the options?

Last edited:
Yeah, looks like the G4C is your best option.

I agree the G4c looks like a good option.

Please bear in mind that my earlier post about memory size is wrong. I mistook the "c" in G4C as a color identifier and quoted you the specs of the standard G4. It appears that the G4C only has 8 gb of onboard storage and I cannot find the max memory size for the sd card. Even with that being said the G4C is the way I would go. I'll try to find the specs on the G4C ad card slot capacity and will report back.

I apologize for any confusion.

Please bear in mind that my earlier post about memory size is wrong. I mistook the "c" in G4C as a color identifier and quoted you the specs of the standard G4. It appears that the G4C only has 8 gb of onboard storage and I cannot find the max memory size for the sd card. Even with that being said the G4C is the way I would go. I'll try to find the specs on the G4C ad card slot capacity and will report back.

It should be 128GB, according to GSMArena.

I dont really care cause SD cards are too expensive when it comes to 64+ cards

I dont really care cause SD cards are too expensive when it comes to 64+ cards

You're going to need one to hold any music if the phone you buy only has 8GB of internal storage.

Thanks for the assist on the memory capacity Atminside.

M@rk, looking at your earlier link the sd cards are about in line with what I would expect to pay once the exchange rate is applied. If you can swing it I would grab a 64gb card at some point. You will be surprised how fast you fill it with music/photos/apps.

You're going to need one to hold any music if the phone you buy only has 8GB of internal storage.

Of course i will put an sd card inside, Downloading music and apps to the internal storage is cancerous. :p

Thanks for the assist on the memory capacity Atminside.

M@rk, looking at your earlier link the sd cards are about in line with what I would expect to pay once the exchange rate is applied. If you can swing it I would grab a 64gb card at some point. You will be surprised how fast you fill it with music/photos/apps.

I will at some point buy a 64GB sd card but it will probably be in a couple of years from now, I think 16GB will be enough for my needs cause even though most of my music is 320kbps my 2GB sd card holds alot of it (Im talking about 4 hours of music) and im not taking photos, If i would want a phone with a good camera i would buy an Nokia Lumia 1020 (I know its outdated but.. Im in love with it ;-; ).

Thanks to everybody who gave advice and replied :D.

Last edited:
Have you looked at used phones? You could get a used LG G3, HTC M8, Galaxy S5 in good condition for the price of the G4C in USA.

You may also want to check Asus and Xiaomi phones if your carrier supports them.

i know its not on your list but i went with the S7 edge and in 2 days i cracked the screen. it is really fragile. i really miss my note 5.

Have you looked at used phones? You could get a used LG G3, HTC M8, Galaxy S5 in good condition for the price of the G4C in USA.

You may also want to check Asus and Xiaomi phones if your carrier supports them.

I don't want to buy used phones for 1 reason, almost everyone who sells it is because its f***ed in some way, hate these people.
Also Xiaomi phone in my budget is known to have battery issues and overheating so I'm not interested in a device like that too.
I didn't saw any Asus phones in my budget :-/

i know its not on your list but i went with the S7 edge and in 2 days i cracked the screen. it is really fragile. i really miss my note 5.

That's why I don't buy flagship phones ;)
Sorry for your loss.

Back