• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia Quadro 3000m, good for rendering and gaming?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

So I scraped together some cash to buy a workstation lappy from a local forums member. Has a Quadro 3000m on it and I was just wondering, paired with an i7-2620m, how well the card would handle rendering graphics and animations? The girlfriend might use it for light games like Minecraft and some old N64 ROMs. I've seen mixed responses to this question through Google search so I figured I'd ask here. :)

Typically Quadro GPU's aren't good for gaming due to driver support.

I've seen mentioning of hacked drivers that mix GeForce and Quadro drivers, is that anything worth messing with?

my quadros are not good for "real" games, (gta5) at all, the drivers and software are focused on work, but they do as good a job as any with angry birds.

So definitely not gonna handle games the best if at all, but what about for the rendering?

It's about 2/3 of a GTX 460, for what that's worth.
Not sure what you're expecting out of a 6 year old, mid range, mobile GPU.

I actually wasn't aware of the age. Well, thanks for the insight.

It is a Fermi generation of GPU.
The fact the CPU is Sandy Bridge should clue you in to the age.

Back