• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newly build PC overheating

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mach54

Hello,

I build new PC for my brother. The case is rack mount. I tested the setup and found that the case is overheating on using over half an hour. I need help to figure out the issue.
I used Asus Maximus VIII Hero motherboard and CPU i7 6700k, GFx card EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 and Memory G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 32GB, Power EVGA Supernova 850 watt G2 80 Plus Gold.
The CPU coller is Corsair H100i v2, and the cooling fan I-Star DD-FAN80. I build the case custom designed by a metal fabrication company.

I doubt the cooling mechanisms. Please help me fix the issue.

Pictures would help.

Check the mount on the H100 and make sure the pump is running.

Is there airflow to the interior of the case?

Check your temperatures in HWMonitor. Is it the motherboard/drives getting hot too? Or just the CPU?

Pictures would help.

Check the mount on the H100 and make sure the pump is running.

Is there airflow to the interior of the case?

+1... if it is just the CPU running hot. Check your mount.

Okay, so I checked it over his house. I found that he placed the case too close to the corner of the wall. I have repositioned the system. I hope it will run well now. Can know tomorrow.

Back