• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman Z3 case confusion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Time-Bandit

Hi everyone,

Wanting abit of advice on how to finish off moving my old setup into my new Zalman Z3 Case. Everything is good to go only thing confusing me is the cables that come from the top of this case. I can only plug one of them to the power supply male molex into my PSU the other 2 3pins have no place to go. I also have a 3pin fan on rear of case that needs to be hooked up aswell.

All connections I query can be seen here http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/a...zalman-z3-plus-luefterproblem-img_1574-1-.jpg

I take it the two with the black coord are the fans power which would be solved by the link provided below and the other two with red and black are the fan controllers? the biggest one I already have plugged in.

Would I be ok just getting this to plug into the 2 small ones with the black coord?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Molex-4Pin-...027047?hash=item3ac1e3ade7:g:UewAAOSw~oFXFjHB

I also have another 2 more plugs which will I think are for the fan controllers on the front of the box? (black and red coord) If so what connector do I need to get for these two ??

Regards,

Bandit.

Some advice/help on this would be great please or if im missing something to provide information wise please let me know.
Thanks.

Those 2 black ones in your pic looks like fan headers.
Looking up your case it seems that it comes with a few fans installed in the case already.

So I would plug those 2 black pins into your motherboard's fan headers. They will "CPU_FAN" or "SYS_FAN" right below the fan header.
These are the same headers you plug your CPU cooler fan into :)

But yes, you can get a molex to 3pin fan adapter too.

My guess would be that the Molex supplies power to your fan header. The 2 male 3pin plugs (red/black wires) are the output connectors to the header. Plug the 2 black female fan connectors into the 2 red/black female connectors and the molex to your PSU. This should give power to your fans through the fan header. If I'm guessing correctly you could use something like this to hook additional fans to your header as it is powered by a Molex and not the motherboard.

Just out of curiosity what does the manual say those plugs are for?

Thanks for the help guys.

@Blaylock - Heres a link to what I havehttps://www.scan.co.uk/PDFs/Products/54467-54468-54469.pdf

To me it seems that plugging the molex into the power should power everything but I don't want to risk and ruin my machine since everything in it is new apart from the CPU now.

Edit - Oh crap I think I was looking at this like abit of a fool. I got confused by looking at the diagram relating to my mobo which I have already done does this just mean plug the molex in and everything is good to go?

Last edited:
Back