• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just when I was feeling smug

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alaric

I was just congratulating myself in another thread for finally catching up to the current level of gear (Skylake, DDR4 3000) in time to coast for a while before my stuff is "old". That usually happens while my new gear is on the UPS truck to my house.

There have been various stories about new types of RAM over the last year or so, but Fujitsu is going to full production. I knew it was too good to last. LOL http://www.pcworld.com/article/3114...-nanotubes-for-a-1000x-performance-boost.html

Oh man, I can't even imagine how much of a fps boost that ram will give at 1,000x times the performance.

I've seen some other news from Micron and some others. Not only Fujitsu is working on that RAM+NAND mix but I don't think we will see it on mass market soon. I guess 4-5 years to see it in reasonable price and in desktop hardware.
Shared RAM+storage, even 120GB or something near would be nice. It's usually enough for desktops and could save space, lower costs etc.

Hahaha, that is awesome. OP, it's good to know someone else has this problem too. Finally upgrading, only to get the upgrade bug again by the time your stuff arrives.

I feel the same each time I upgrade anything. I got 6600K couple of days ago ( as I killed other CPU and needed anything good for games and tests ) only to see the next day that 7000 series will be released soon.

Somehow I doubt that Zen will be so soon. I don't know why but I have a feeling there will be next delay. Vega will be in 2017 so I count march/april. I guess that Nvidia is not in a hurry with 1080Ti as there is no competition and they can sell more Titans in this time. I think that if I wish to test something now then it would be Zen. On the other hand I don't really need new graphics or CPU ... there are some other things I wish to test but it's more server stuff.

Its still DDR4 though, no? DDR4 standard is 288 pins, etc etc... so think of it this way. Its the same Mustang, just different motor.

Yay, car analogy. :)

Its still DDR4 though, no? DDR4 standard is 288 pins, etc etc... so think of it this way. Its the same Mustang, just different motor.

Yay, car analogy. :)

I took the family to Norwalk one summer to watch the last full 1/4 mile blasts by the nitro cars. They dropped to 1000 ft. after Norwalk. Amazing display of visceral sound (and a sizable thump in the thorax) when they launch off the tree. Big fun!

That is sad that the nitro cars are no using the 1/4 mile.:( There is a NHRA race the 5th on fox, fox sport 1

Last edited:
Back