• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free, easy to use Imaging software- M.2 Capable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm going to try it. Looks like the Endpoint Veeam doesn't even have a clone option and the EaseUS software I had doesn't detect the M.2 drive. I'm not about to go downloading every free program and testing them right now. I just want to get this data moved over and be done with it, so here is to hoping it doesn't nuke any data on me. Nothing super important on here, would just suck to have to slipstream the nvme driver into a Win 7 install and start from scratch right now.

--update--

Looks like I need to start from scratch unless I'm missing something. The Samsung Migration Tool works great, but since this Image of windows was installed in ACHI mode it won't boot with my motherboard set in M.2 Mode which I am assuming is what allows me to use NVMe.

Also to note the migration tool DOES NOT delete the data on your other drive. My SSD still shows up as a secondary now with all the original data still on it.

So looks like I'm going to boot up my work laptop so I can inject the NVMe drivers into my Windows 7 installer and hope that it'll detect the M.2 drive for installation.

I knew this but did not want to say anything because this may have been misread and you were so "dead set against it".

2. Samsung Electronics assumes no responsibility for any loss of data that may occur on the "Target Disk" in the course of using this software and will not be held liable for data recovery services. Even if the migration process fails, data contained on the "Source Disk" is not affected.

I knew this but did not want to say anything because this may have been misread and you were so "dead set against it".

2. Samsung Electronics assumes no responsibility for any loss of data that may occur on the "Target Disk" in the course of using this software and will not be held liable for data recovery services. Even if the migration process fails, data contained on the "Source Disk" is not affected.

I've been running too fast for my own good and I'm missing details. Yes, I was under the impression the source disk would be affected which pushed me away from considering it an option. It's unfortunate that I can't use it for other drives and it only works when it detects a Samsung device.

I was hoping I would find another solution that would work for all of my drives. I would have liked to have found software I could use within Windows to migrate a server installation I have on a 5400 RPM HD, but that doesn't really matter. I have bootable CDs of Acronis and Conezilla I guess I'm going to use.

Back