• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I made a video about my Raspberry Pi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Radical. Looks very good and as you said for $50......

Thanks for the Share!

Does what the old and ancient rig in my sig did years ago and micro-sized to boot.

Always good to ramble about things, helps to keep things in perspective!

Thanks Dudleycpa. I think the Rpi is great not just for what it is, but for the possibilities that it opens up. Anybody can afford to have a home computer now. Just hook it up to your TV with HDMI (or your monitor if you have one) and you're off to the races. The Model 3B costs $38 USD and $49 CDN and for that price you really can't go wrong. If you want to pick up a case for it and you don't already have a microSD card, obviously those are small additional costs, but the cost overall is very low.

Why buy an Apple TV or a Kodi box when you can buy one of these and have the added functionality of a full desktop operating system in addition to just the media center functions. It's just a fantastic little machine.

BTW interesting fact- the Raspbian operating system was created by one guy and is maintained by that same one guy, which is pretty darn cool.

That is damn cool......

It's Ben Franklin or Albert "what's his name" Einstien ? Tesla would really have gone full lights on this.

That is damn cool......

It's Ben Franklin or Albert "what's his name" Einstien ? Tesla would really have gone full lights on this.

haha. The only knocks I have against it are the fact that configuring anything like overscan or audio out involves annoying command line work. Also the audio quality from the headphone jack is quite disastrous (what can you expect for this price though). Audio quality through HDMI is, of course, fine. I'm currently screwing around with getting it to work with my KEF X300A speakers which have a built in DAC and connect via USB. I have it working but it sounds screwy. I'm trying to work out the kinks.

It really makes you appreciate how easy it is to configure settings for just about anything in modern windows.

Back