• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

has anyone use nVidia 10 series graphic card to play Netflix 4K content on PC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xun

It seems many reports indicate you can only use Intel Kaby Lake CPU (7th gen) to play Netflix 4K DRM content in Windows 10 Desktop PC (Microsoft Edge only) and left nVidia and AMD out of gate. Although nVidia supports HDCP 2.2, HDMI 2.0, and Microsoft PlayReady 3.0 (At least they say they do), but if content providers do not support nVidia, all of the new 10 series owner would be left in the dark. Has anyone played Netflix 4k over nVidia GPU without Kaby Lake CPU?
Next year, Cyberlink PowerDVD 17 probably would support 4K UHD blu-ray playback on Intel Kaby Lake since the DRM requirement is finally ready. But if they follow Netflix’s approach left nVidia out, then nVidia Pascal would be just a gaming GPU.
There aren’t much TRUE 4k movies on the market but more will come in the years ahead. True 4K movie is: shot in 4K camera, edit in 4k, save in 4k digital intermediate and burn to 4k uhd bluray. Any of the process in the streamline is not done by 4k or better, and then it’s not a True 4k movie. I have played starwar 7 uhd bluray (true 4k movie) on a 4k tv side-by-side with the bluray version on 1080p tv. Besides smaller pixels, it does provide better detail and color spectrum.
Pascal GPU is great gaming gear for the time being. But if it won’t support 4K DRM, it would be major disappointment for me.

You can use Netflix Windows 8 and 10 app.

Netflix Eli
Well, if you are able to stream 4K in any other site, like Youtube for example, and have a 4K TV or monitor connected to your computer you will definitely be able to use 4K on Netflix.

Send

*Streaming in 4K requires an HDCP 2.2 compliant connection to a 4K capable display, Intel's 7th generation Core CPU, and the latest Windows updates. Check with the manufacturer of your system to verify specifications.
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/13444

Unless netflix is LYIN TO ME, im watching APEX on netflix @ 4k on my computer. The app is ridiculously easy to use, so I use the app lol

desktop.png

desktop2.png

Last edited:
Back