• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

internet shutdown.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GreenLantern

ok, this has been happeneing to me for a while now. Ever so often, my internet will completely shut down. like out of no where. I will be useing IE or, IRC or something, and everything is disconnected. I have to restart my computer for the connection to return. any ideas on whats going wrong?

Sean

What OS are you running?
How do you connect to the net? Cable? xDSL? OC3? Dial-up?
If you're running cable, do you run straight off of the modem into your NIC, or do you go through a hub/router/switch?
Do you run any *ahem* uncapping software?

O/S= XP Home edition

Internet connection= DSL

My computer > Hub > DSL > The World

and as far as uncapping software, i have no clue what this is, but i am running McAfee firewall, any thoughts?

Sean

GreenLantern said:
ok, this has been happeneing to me for a while now. Ever so often, my internet will completely shut down. like out of no where. I will be useing IE or, IRC or something, and everything is disconnected. I have to restart my computer for the connection to return. any ideas on whats going wrong?

Sean

Is your net connection timing out perhaps?
Is there a problem with your hub perhaps?

i'm doubting that theres something up with the hub, my roommate doesn't have this problem, and he connects to it exacly the same... I'm not sure what you mean by net timing....

Sean

GreenLantern said:
i'm doubting that theres something up with the hub, my roommate doesn't have this problem, and he connects to it exacly the same... I'm not sure what you mean by net timing....

Sean

How many IP's are you allowed? Sounds like you're connecting, and the second IP is getting kicked. Check w/ your provider.

Back