• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2nd 1070 failing WUs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I got into work this morning and the 2nd 1070 in my work computer (EVGA FTW) was showing a failed WU. This machine has been running great for months. No overclocking on the card. The only think I've done was set the fans for 85% fixed.

Rebooted and tried again. Driver crashed, and the fans stopped on the card. The fans do NOT feel like the bearing are going. And when the driver recovers, the fans start spinning again.

I was on the 368 driver. Updating to 378.49 (post-hotfix) now. We'll see if that fixes it. If not, sounds like possible RMA time.

Edit: 20% done, so it looks like the driver update fixed it.

Last edited:
What does your log entry look like for the failed WU? I have a new build completed that showed a failed WU, but I can't find any reference to it in the logs.

I'm hoping that its still working for you. I just updated my two 980Ti's to 378.? and it's working great for me. I'm finally up into the 2 mill ppd. I'm actually starting to make a run on you

What does your log entry look like for the failed WU? I have a new build completed that showed a failed WU, but I can't find any reference to it in the logs.

Sorry, didn't check the log. Given that the fans had actually stopped, I figure it was a driver issue first.

I'm hoping that its still working for you. I just updated my two 980Ti's to 378.? and it's working great for me. I'm finally up into the 2 mill ppd. I'm actually starting to make a run on you

Well, I'm going to be picking up another 1070 when my tax refund comes in. And maybe another one shortly after that.

I've got to stop telling people that I'm about to overtake them. This always happens to me. First with Equinox, then Whitehawk and Jr now you.

Back