• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shipping a video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RicFlair88

Can anyone tell me if this is an anti-static bag?
I had a 1070 sent to me by a friend and it was inside this bag.

I'm trying to sell a GPU online and I want to be able to ship it properly since it's an old AGP GPU and I don't have the original box for it.

These bags are usually plastic polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and have a distinctive color (silvery for metallised film, pink or black for polyethylene).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antistatic_bag

The sticker and material would indicate that this could be an anti static bag. It's a little bit to clear for my taste, all the anti-static bags my video cards came in had some kind of grid on them. The 1070 seems to have survived the bag.

But honestly, if you don't want to take any risks, go out and buy one. They don't seem to be that expensive.

Most of the Anti-static bags I have are dark grey almost smoked colored. I have a few that have a grid like pattern to them.

Back