• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gonna be lazy (and cheap) and get an AIO....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Late to the party, but there's no shame in AIOs. Custom loops are a lot more work to put together, and require regular maintenance. You do it because you like the process, and/or for aesthetics.

Late to the party, but there's no shame in AIOs. Custom loops are a lot more work to put together, and require regular maintenance. You do it because you like the process, and/or for aesthetics.

i used to have a custom loop way back when so i figure it's time to play with it again.

Well it depends on which aio's you are looking at, some hover around $80-$100 (with rebates) for a 240mm and others around $160 for a couple of C lower temps with a 280mm
The cheapest ek kit goes for about $180 for a slim 120mm rad, though I would opt for a 240mm at least so about $200.

I will say the nzxt x62 is the sexiest looking one among the bunch but also the most expensive so not really worth it.

Well it depends on which aio's you are looking at, some hover around $80-$100 (with rebates) for a 240mm and others around $160 for a couple of C lower temps with a 280mm
The cheapest ek kit goes for about $180 for a slim 120mm rad, though I would opt for a 240mm at least so about $200.

I will say the nzxt x62 is the sexiest looking one among the bunch but also the most expensive so not really worth it.

I dunno I think the swifttech v2 stuff looks amazing.

http://www.swiftech.com/h240x2.aspx

The best part is it is also expandable. (Yes I know there are other expandable options)

I just think the swifttech looks the best

I'm happy with the temps from my AIO, but I'm only running at 4500 MHz. I'm at that speed in a city that was at 93F at noon today, however, and never hit those marks on my CPU temps. And I don't have an air conditioner, just a swamp cooler.

I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all answer to the debate. Mild overclock, low power GPU, but don't want to build a $400 custom loop? Maybe AIO is the answer. Want to run a stable 4.7GHz on the CPU, +20% on the GPU, cool the VRMs and maybe the RAM? Custom is no doubt the best answer. Howzabout do you have plenty of time and resources vs. limited budget? Lot's of variables. Lots of solutions. Playing with more than one toy isn't so bad.

I'm happy with the temps from my AIO, but I'm only running at 4500 MHz. I'm at that speed in a city that was at 93F at noon today, however, and never hit those marks on my CPU temps. And I don't have an air conditioner, just a swamp cooler.

God it must be really dry where you are. When I was in arkansas we got those high temps, but we also got the high humidity so it was AC or cook. Now i'm up north where those -30 c days make you miss the hot summers lol

I dunno I think the swifttech v2 stuff looks amazing.

http://www.swiftech.com/h240x2.aspx

The best part is it is also expandable. (Yes I know there are other expandable options)

I just think the swifttech looks the best

the reviews on newegg make me wary of swifttech's AIOs...not to say that couldn't happen with any other mfg but it seems leaks, cracks, etc. are prevalent in Swifttech reviews...

I've also been hearing negatives on those Swiftech Kits. I was last told to pay a visit in their forums as it didn't look too good.

I would venture with XPSC D5s or EK's D5/DDC Kits. A bit pricier but you get a premium pump as you won't have to worry about it in the long run during expansion as opposed to the much weaker pumps they also sell.

God it must be really dry where you are. When I was in arkansas we got those high temps, but we also got the high humidity so it was AC or cook. Now i'm up north where those -30 c days make you miss the hot summers lol

At the time I posted the humidity was 11%. Kind of high, but it happens. It's 31% now but the temp is 74F. I grew up in south FL (5 miles from Everglades National Park-I lived in the swamp.) so I'm familiar with hot and wet, and not just on prom night. LOL It does make my AIO work well, though. The air cooling for GPU is more than enough for my needs. I can OC to 2115 MHz on my 1070 for gaming and not have overheating issues at 1080p, with my CPU at 4500 MHz. I probably have an easy 5 years before I even think about needing custom water to keep up with what will be "current" rigs at the time, at least for gaming.

At the time I posted the humidity was 11%. Kind of high, but it happens. It's 31% now but the temp is 74F. I grew up in south FL (5 miles from Everglades National Park-I lived in the swamp.) so I'm familiar with hot and wet, and not just on prom night. LOL It does make my AIO work well, though. The air cooling for GPU is more than enough for my needs. I can OC to 2115 MHz on my 1070 for gaming and not have overheating issues at 1080p, with my CPU at 4500 MHz. I probably have an easy 5 years before I even think about needing custom water to keep up with what will be "current" rigs at the time, at least for gaming.

11% is high humidity? Good lord I would love to have a single day in the 90's here in Iowa with only 11% humidity. We are usually 3-4 times that at those temps. Humidity completely zaps the fun out of temperatures like that.

It's not all fun and games. When it's 121F it doesn't matter what the humidity is, it's hot. In a month or so I'm looking at 100F+June, July, August, and September. 107 days over 100F on average.

Back