• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Ryzen 1700 (3.9 @ 1.25v) stable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EpicPhailure

Good Morning Everyone!

I am fairly new to overclocking, just so you know.
About a week ago I overclocked my ryzen 1700 to 3.9Ghz @ 1.25v. I have ran tests on it to see if it is stable (PRIME95, OCT, and used HWMonitor to check temps which were 54c max) and it seems stable after running each for about an hour. I have not run into any issues with gaming and such as well. I was wondering if this would be considered stable? According to a bunch of forums it looks like everyone is having to go to close to 1.35v to receive a stable overclock at 3.9Ghz...so it makes me wonder if I am missing something or just that I am lucky in the lotto.
I have also run into the issue with trying to get my ram (corsair veng C15 3000) to run at 2993mhz, but the farthest I have been able to push it is 2400mhz with the latest bios and chipset drivers. Please let me know if you all have any information!

THANK YOU!!

Specs:
Ryzen 1700 @ 3.9Ghz 1.25v
Corsair H60 Water Cooler
16G Corsair Vengence C15 (2400mhz)
Asus Prime B-350 Plus mobo
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW (stock)
Corsiar 700w PSU
Samsung Evo 850 500g

Last edited:
From what you say it appears stable. Check your event log for whea cache errors to be sure.
As for ram it can be an issue with some kits at present. You can try setting the SOC voltage manually to 1.1v and raise the dram voltage to 1.4 see if that will help get it up to speed. I also find that moving the divider up in stages helps for training. Like set 2400, reboot back to bios then set 2666 reboot etc..

From what you say it appears stable. Check your event log for whea cache errors to be sure.
As for ram it can be an issue with some kits at present. You can try setting the SOC voltage manually to 1.1v and raise the dram voltage to 1.4 see if that will help get it up to speed. I also find that moving the divider up in stages helps for training. Like set 2400, reboot back to bios then set 2666 reboot etc..

Thanks Johan45! I am glad to hear someone thinks it sounds stable that has more experience than me. I just havent seen any forums showing that low of a voltage for 3.9ghz. I will try what you said about overclocking the RAM when I arrive home from work/school tonight and give you an update! Thank You again!

That clock isn't impossible but that is quite a low voltage. That's why I suggested checking the Windows log. Also running your ram at a lower speed will help keep the voltage lower. You would likely find that another 25-50 MHz and your voltage will shoot up just like everyone else you just have a slightly better CPU

Well regardless its good to hear! I tried doing what you said for the ram, but it just wont post. I guess I am stuck at 2400mhz max until a better bios is out...

Back