• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP and video problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lonewolf1983

everytime i try to install a game my system goes to a black screen and either sits for a while then reboots,or just sits there
i have a Kyro2 with XP written drivers on winXP

any ideas people??

I would suggest checking the "Event Viewer" for recent error messages...Start | Administrative Tools or (Start | Program Files | Administrative Tools) | Event Viewer. Right-click the error message in the RH pane (found after selecting "Application" or "System" in the LH pane) and select "Properties"...you might get some idea as to what's causing the lock-up and sudden reboot. Also, if you're still using the default display drivers that came with XP...I would suggest upgrading to the latest 28.32 Nvidia reference drivers, available from Nvidia's site here...

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows2000

the card is not an Nvidia card...
i moved back to win2k and its having the same problem
the only thing i changed after reinstalling the OS was a cpu from a tbird 1.4 to duron 1.2
strange....

Sorry, my mistake...I didn't realize your card was a Kyro. Did you find any System or Application errors in Event Viewer, using either W2K or XP?

Is this the Hercules Prophet 4500?
you may have overclocked it too much, try at default settings

Back