[O/C] Lian Li PC-X900 Case Review

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 10-04-10, 09:09 AM   #1
Overclockers.com

[O/C] Lian Li PC-X900 Case Review

Lian Li PC-X900 Case Review
by Jeremy Vaughan (hokiealumnus)

Quote:
When we first talked to Lian Li, they asked us to review a benching station (their PC-Q06, reviewed here). They are not necessarily well known for benching stations, but they are most definitely known for their enclosed cases. Almost every PC builder, modder, and water cooler has seen (and drooled over) their creations. Today we’ll be pouring over one of their newer cases we posted about previously, the PC-X900.
... Return to the article to continue reading.

Digg | Reddit | StumbleUpon

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Last edited by hokiealumnus; 10-04-10 at 11:03 AM.
  QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-19-10, 03:58 PM   #2
MIAHALLEN

I'm not sure why this review doesn't have any comments....but I love the build Jeremy. Very nice job Really sweet looking case, and I've drooled over it more than once

Once question, how much clearence between the video card and the rad? In the picture it looks like maybe 5mm or so.....do you think there enough space for a rad grill to prevent stray fingers from bending the precious fins?

MIAHALLEN is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-19-10, 04:03 PM   #3
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

Thanks! It got a good bit of comments elsewhere but none here surprisingly.

As far as the rad...heh, if the grill is REALLY thin, probably. You may have to remove it to get the card in and out though. It requires angling/wedging just to get it in there as-is.

Unfortunately I can't measure the exact distance right now, that card is on the Crosshair IV Extreme benching for that review. After looking at a ruler, I think your guess of 5mm is pretty darn close, if not precisely correct.

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build
hokiealumnus is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-19-10, 04:10 PM   #4
MIAHALLEN

OK, thanks man....just day deaming about purchases I shouldn't make while board at work

MIAHALLEN is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-20-10, 11:50 PM   #5
WayOut

This is a really cool case, but every review I have read says it is way overpriced. Do you think it's worth it to get this case as opposed to getting a Corsair 600T and a Corsair 40GB SSD? I really like the looks/size of this case and I like that all the fan slots are filled up, but I don't want to be putting too much money into the wrong places

Steam ID: Way0utImports
Got Starcraft? Join the Official OCF SC2 Group! Ian // 279
WayOut is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-21-10, 12:19 AM   #6
hokiealumnus
Water Cooled Moderator
Overclockers.com Lead Editor

It's definitely personal preference. You are dropping a whole heck of a lot of dough on looks here. The functionality is absolutely superb, but isn't necessarily hundreds of dollars greater than some alternatives.

That said, this case is an investment. This will last through this system, then the next, then the next, until you try to sell it, looking beautiful all the while.

'Worth it' is completely relative. If you have the budget for a case of this caliber, it looks the way you want it to look and has the features you need - yes, it is most definitely worth it.

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team! | New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.

xsuperbgx - "As a wise man once said: "Less talky. More clocky."" | cyberfish - "When overclocked, it's undefined behavior."
I.M.O.G. - "Vaseline on Ivy Bridge is a bad idea. But not so bad of an idea that it can't be fixed with a torpedo heater, a dishwasher, an oven, and a few hours. "

\m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build
hokiealumnus is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-21-10, 04:06 PM   #7
MIAHALLEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokiealumnus View Post
'Worth it' is completely relative. If you have the budget for a case of this caliber, it looks the way you want it to look and has the features you need - yes, it is most definitely worth it.
When you look at a case like this objectively on paper....the value is pretty bad.
But when you can see it, touch it, build a system in it....it's a whole different story.
I cannot think of a single example of a (high end) Lian Li owner complaining about how much they paid.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Cases and Case Modding
Cases and Case Modding