• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow, the photos really make the board look ugly with the brown PCB. Is it really that noticeable once installed?

And, also, isn't XFast USB just a nice way of saying UASP?

Nice review as always, OCFers :thup:.

It's a "classic" PCB :D
It does make it a lot easier to follow the traces than the modern black PCB fad.

Actually the "Retro Brown" doesn't look bad once installed. I'll have a CoolerMaster case review being published towards the end of the week and it will have pictures with this board installed in it, so keep an eye out for that.

I'm not sure exactly what ASRock used for their XFast USB, but it does seem logical that it uses UASP in one form or another.

I have this board and ABSOLUTELY love it. I picked the board up for $90 when i got my i7-2600k , special Microcenter combo price. The only little gripe i have is it is not 100% atx in size for the width, it's a little short and doesnt reach the last set of screws, I like it and dont like that, as installing the 24pin put your finger under to help support, so the board does not bend. But I also like it cause it gives ya that 1" to help with cable management.

For the price, it's the best in that $120 or under price range IMO.

I'm a bit confused, on the Asrock website, they show the PCB as being black?? Did they change the colours recently?
I don't see it in the list of specifications. If your talking about the pictures, it does look a bit darker but I see it as brown too.

BTW, out of curiosity, is there something written on top of the caps? Any way to get to some sort of datasheets, or info about the manufacturer?

What about the power delivery phases? I read somewhere they went from digital to analog again? What for?

Back