• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Mechanical Keyboard Showdown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wonder if it is possible to replace a laptop keyboard? My Sony model NV-100 I purchased in 2002 and more than likely has rubber domed keys has keys which no longer work, such as the "A" key and while I use a USB external keyboard at present, it is a pain to tote along on the road. Most (shops) say throw the laptop in the garbage, but I happen to like and still use it.

Every laptop I've taken apart was relatively easy to replace the keyboard. Sourcing a replacement part is probably harder. It's usually a separate part and connected to the motherboard through a connector. I doubt youll find mechanical replacement though.

Every laptop I've taken apart was relatively easy to replace the keyboard. Sourcing a replacement part is probably harder. It's usually a separate part and connected to the motherboard through a connector. I doubt youll find mechanical replacement though.

I know mechanical is out of the question, and nothing short of an exact match would work, but finding one supplier of such type of keyboards I have not managed to locate, but will keep on searching.

I've replaced numerous in dell laptops from stuff that people have spilled, etc. You will just have to find a keyboard for that model. May want to watch eBay.

perfect, exactly what i needed! Thank you Janus!! That one bamboo keyboard looks sick tho. please tell me it comes with cherry mx brown switches.....

Back