• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mechanical Keyboards Recommend? Maxkeyboard issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I never understood the point of the passthrough for a mouse. I mean, I have a USB cable from the keyboard. Then I plug in my mouse into the keyboard? Then I have a cable going from the keyboard to the mouse. That cable is fairly long on all mice. That means I have to deal with managing that cable. I could run that cable torwards the back of the my desk then back up to where my mouse is but then I have one extra cable with the mouse cable going back and then front again. I feel that it adds to desk clutter rather than helping. If I plug the mouse directly into the computer, the cable goes to the back of my desk never to return.

Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Absolutely. There's more slack hanging down of the back of the desk than with it plugged in off the back of the PC (generally, depending on location). That doesn't bother me so much as the thought of adding latency for no reason. I'm not a competitive gamer, but, I need all the help I can get, LOL!

i also have a Corsair Vengeance K95 (it has 18 programmable gamer keys on the left... if you drop "vengeance" out of the name, it's a different keyboard that doesn't have any gamer keys. then the K95 Platinum has 6 gamer keys) with cherry MX red switches.
it's very difficult to find a keyboard with as many gamer keys on it anymore. most only have 6 gamer kays or so, and the 18+ gamer key keyboards are no longer manufactured. Which means buying used. The Corsair K90 also has 18 gamer keys, but doesn't have the naming fiasco of K95.

i personally use all those gamer keys as hotkeys in Guild Wars 2 for mounts and squad markers and such, and Corsair keyboards have the scroll wheel for speaker volume control (as others have mentioned)
i also prefer the "red" switches for gaming. (the brown ones are designed to emulate the old fashion typewriters with hard clicking while pressing the keys.) the red switches are also designed with the least resistance for the most responsiveness. (at least, according to what i remember from researching it years ago when i finally bought a mechanical keyboard), and it is much better for gaming than standard pre/non-mechanical keyboards by reducing the input lag to practically nothing.

My 2 cents, I actually plugged my wireless mouse into the keyboard ports last time I had a board with them. I have a desk with a metal frame so most mice couldn't reach the PC ports.

They're better for hot-swapping peripherals though, flash drives and the like. Beats having a hub taking up desk space.

(Also I know they've been recommended already, just skimming the thread - another +1 for the Codes)

Last edited:
Thanks alot guys

Think I’ll go with Corsair K95 platinum while it’s still available. I do like the idea of having per key LED programming. And the volume roller.

I don’t know how difficult adjusting to the board with the extra side macro keys will be, but the board has pretty much what I need.

They make an identical board without the macro keys but the hand rest isn’t as good based on reviews.

Will see!

What are your issues...It is my favorite to date.

Don't like the click it has. Not clicky enough.

This is the only keyboard I've had where I constantly press neighbor keys accidentally. Could be the keys are more sensitive.

Had a Corsair keyboard that I liked better. Unfortunately, it started having sticky keys. Couldn't fix it without replacing switches which I wasn't up to do.

What are your issues...It is my favorite to date.

Don't like the click it has. Not clicky enough.

This is the only keyboard I've had where I constantly press neighbor keys accidentally. Could be the keys are more sensitive.

Had a Corsair keyboard that I liked better. Unfortunately, it started having sticky keys. Couldn't fix it without replacing switches which I wasn't up to do.

do either of you have a key bounce issue?
i have a z15 with browns that like to double tap keys from time to time

i thought i was developing parkinsons but it only happens with this keyboard. i've been thinkin of swappin the keys to some thing else but i thought i'd ask first

do either of you have a key bounce issue?
i have a z15 with browns that like to double tap keys from time to time

i thought i was developing parkinsons but it only happens with this keyboard. i've been thinkin of swappin the keys to some thing else but i thought i'd ask first
None here but admittedly I have been using my PC infrequently. The Keyboard doesn't have a lot of wear on it.

Pretty! :rock:

Did you do any post-processing to the image? The colors are really nice and saturated!

Pretty! :rock:

Did you do any post-processing to the image? The colors are really nice and saturated!

None at all. Used an iphone nothing more. The light intensity is set to max for each color.

Thanks! my old board was just blue, this time I wanted all the colors!

Back