• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Velocifire TKL01 tenkeyless mechanical keyboard with brown switches for cheapos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brando

I thought I'd share since I just got mine and so far I think I like it. I was looking for something with brown switches in tenkeyless form that was also backlit and is capable of having lots of keys pressed at the same time without spending a fortune. so far for $28 it seems quite nice. the keys are noisier than my leopold tenkeyless (cherry brown) but not to the point of being obnoxious. it sounds like clacking plastic but not to the extreme and i like the way the keys are sort of pronounced. it felt like a bit much at first but i realized im able to type faster because of what i think may be bigger gaps between keys and a little more resistance which discourages accidental presses. rather than cherry mx the brand they use for the mechanical switches is called outemu, probably to save money but honestly they're likely to last longer than necessary since even regular keyboards have a long life and these seem to be decent. doesn't really feel like a "gaming" product as much as it reminds me of these black dell keyboards we had at work that could take anything and never die. the keys just seem a bit sharper and more separate. they're definitely growing on me and i can see them in the dark because of the back light which apparently i missed from back when i had my saitek eclipse. it feels heavy and sticks to the desk well with it's rubber feet. also seems to be fine for gaming as well. anyhow im happy with it so far. feels a bit less elegant and more chunky than the leopold but im starting to prefer it and the backlight is nice. unless it wears out fast i think i can recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap tenkeyless backlit keyboard.

https://www.amazon.com/Velocifire-TKL01-Mechanical-Illuminated-Anti-ghosting/dp/B01MS8YTYX

Back