• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WD Caviar series or WD Red?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

venom4ghz

Hi guys, I'm new here..

What the difference between WD Caviar series n' WD Red?
I've set some WD Red for now, and I'm planning to buy some Caviar series next month for my secondary pc. Hope you guys would give me some solutions.

thanks for your time, guys ;);)

Red are meant to be used in RAID environments. If you aren't bothering with RAID, don't spend the extra money.

Red are meant to be used in RAID environments. If you aren't bothering with RAID, don't spend the extra money.

that's what i want to hear. And.. you reply so quickly, senior. I very appreciate that. Thanks! :)

This! I happen to have just picked up 4x 3Tb Reds but they are in a RAID so ya. If you just want fast reliable storage a caviar is great. IF the reds were on sale for a good enough price I might jump on them anyways..

Back