• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KKAT

Okay... so a quick question concerning raid. I want to set up a raid 0 config. for my comp. the thing is, i have an 80gb with all my stuff on it, and i just purchased a new 80gb(identical). If i want to to raid0 these two drives, would it erase the data on my first drive?? if so is there a prgm that can backup all my stuff??
Thanks a lot!!

KKAT said:
Okay... so a quick question concerning raid. I want to set up a raid 0 config. for my comp. the thing is, i have an 80gb with all my stuff on it, and i just purchased a new 80gb(identical). If i want to to raid0 these two drives, would it erase the data on my first drive?? if so is there a prgm that can backup all my stuff??
Thanks a lot!!

If you make a RAID array with that drive included, all the data on it will be wiped when you make the new array, so you should back it up if you need the data.

If there's another disk you can use for backup, simply install it in the conputer and copy the files over in Windows Explorer...

Back