• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good 1GB memory sticks for A64?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JPS

I currently have 2 x 512MB HyperX (KHX4000/512) 500MHz (PC4000) DDR in my AXP platform. I will be migrating to an A64 mobo and want to get a single 1GB stick. What vendors make good 1GB sticks that will overclock well? Where are they sold?

PS: Anyone interested in trading a 1GB stick for my 2 512MB sticks? They will hit 250MHz easy.

To be honest i have not heard of any 1bg sticks having good o/c results - not to say it can't be done but its news to me.

Slightly o/t if anyone is looking for 1gb of bh-5 i am getting some EB to replace my mushkin ..........

I would hang on to the 2X512 until you get your A64 setup and see how they do
first. A64 mobo's are kinda picky when it comes to some ram.

Why do you want a single 1GB stick?

If it's so that you can upgrade to 4GB, don't bother (unless you have dual processors). Windows won't let any one process use more than about 2.3GB, and at that point, chances are you are maxing out your processor.

Back