• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Optimus G not recognized by PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm at a loss Auto, not looking good for you :(

Word of advice, if you want to buy a "geeky" phone go with Motorola, HTC, or Google (ASUS) Nexus. HTC and Motorola have the best support I've seen for "developer" friendly stuff like rooting. And the Nexus is just... well awesome.

Irony... Google owns Motorola, but contracts it's "branded" nexus 7 to ASUS.

:Fixed:

Last edited:
I'm at a loss Auto, not looking good for you :(

Word of advice, if you want to buy a "geeky" phone go with Motorola, HTC, or Google (ASUS) Nexus. HTC and Motorola have the best support I've seen for "developer" friendly stuff like rooting. And the Nexus is just... well awesome.

Irony... Google owns Motorola, but contracts it's "branded" phone to ASUS.

Google contracted LG for their Nexus phones (see Nexus 4 and current Nexus 5)... Samsung held the previous Nexus contract. No idea where you got ASUS from.

As for OP, he will have to purchase a mainboard for the e970 and replace it with somr knowhow, or send it to an LG repair center and pay for them to replace the mainboard.

Google contracted LG for their Nexus phones (see Nexus 4 and current Nexus 5)... Samsung held the previous Nexus contract. No idea where you got ASUS from.

As for OP, he will have to purchase a mainboard for the e970 and replace it with somr knowhow, or send it to an LG repair center and pay for them to replace the mainboard.

He was talking about the Nexus 7 Tablet which is Google's tab made by ASUS. And yes this is what I have determined too. So now just selling it for parts. I already had a new phone (HTC One and I love it). Thanks everyone for the attempts

Ah, he mentioned "geeky phone" then "google branded phone", so I assumed he meant the Google Nexus phone, not the tablet.

It sucks there's nothing you can do though :/

Back