• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 90nm hit's 3 Ghz !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Overclocker550 said:
3.8GHz screenshot but probably not 3dmarkable past 3.5GHz I want 3GHz air cooled but it looks like amds having trouble what that :(

Why do you want a 3ghz AMD?

Grov said:
Why do you want a 3ghz AMD?

Because it would absolutely .....................

PWN

but in all seriousness..........

as much as i would love it, it is really not realistic, for air anyway. it is possible, that there is the SMALLEST chance, that an FX-55 might do 3.0ghz on air, but its unlikely.....

and i dont see the winchesters doin it for a while(if ever), but especially not now, because they were just released, and usually(well almost alway, well 99.9% of the time:beer: ) when a new core is released, its yeilds are not as good as they could be, and as it matures, then your chances of a better OC get better.

i really dont think we should set our eyes so firmly on the 3ghz mark(although, i can NOT deniy, if i could get it, i would go for it), but to be honest with you, in totally satified with my decition on meh DFI. alot of people thoguh i was crazy for not going for the 939/winchester combo, but what i wanted was a matured platform. DFI worked on this board for a long time, and its a great board, and my CPU isnt that bad either, 2.55, stable on air, and maybe more when i manage to pick up a 948U.

but i dont think anyone is wrong whether they went 939 or 754, or CH, NC, or WC.....

but im gonna definately wait till 939, WC, and PCI-E gets some maturity under its belt, befor i even consider it.

im happy with 2.5ghz CH, and if WC will yeild 2.7-2.8, that would be lovely, and i think its a reasonably expectaion, after the Cores have much time to mature. and when such time comes, i will put more though into it, but untill then, im not gonna put much hope in, for 3ghz

-Jess-

3.8GHz is just amazing, I'm struggling to get my FX-53 to 2.6GHz. I'm at 250x10 1.575v right now, currently testing.

Last edited:
Alacritan said:
If you read the comments, he used liquid nitrogen to get to that speed. Which means it's definitely not benchmarkable.

yes if i remember correctly, he could run 3dmark about 3.5ghz, but yes, it was under LN2......

-Jess-

Alacritan said:
If you read the comments, he used liquid nitrogen to get to that speed. Which means it's definitely not benchmarkable.

It still shows how much headroom is in those things. Remember when 3ghz on an AXP and ln2 was just jaw dropping? now I can almost do 3ghz on air.

Back