• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I cant get my laptop to boot anymore!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clean_Baldy

Hey guys. I just recently bought a pentium I 233 Laptop from a friend of mine. It came with a 20 gb hard drive and a 4 gb hard drive. The 12 gig was in it, with win 2000 pro. The other with linux.

I've had it for a few months, and never thought of putting the Linux drive in until today. I did this, and no problem, booted right up. But... when I try putting the 12 gig back in, it only reads it as an 8 Gig drive.... a common problem with DOS.

The question is, how do I get it back up and running again? i know its not corrupted, I just dont know what to do to get it working right! Its probably something simple

Thanks!!!

Hello, Clean. I'm the new guy, FYI. :)

I was a little confused by your post, this part especially

It came with a 20 gb hard drive and a 4 gb hard drive. The 12 gig was in it, with win 2000 pro. The other with linux.

I can't tell from this whether or not it has two or three drives. Did you mean to say that it came with two drives in it, and you installed another HD later?

I'm going to assume you meant that, so I can try to help you.

I've never heard of this HD size report bug you speak of - what version of DOS are you using? Do you have it set to dual-boot between DOS and Win2kPro?

Back