• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG NZXT H440 "Chaos"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Final fitting of front rad and res with push/pull before reassembly...will most likely have to go with push only due to space, but I'm gonna stuff the beast!

Last edited:
I've decided to continue to move forward with the black internal color scheme...I just don't think I would be happy with the white. This is probably going to take a couple of months as the weather is still nasty, but I'm going to push forward.

Placed the order for the lutro0 teleios sleeving and connectors, hopefully I can complete this before it gets nice out and all my wiring will be done. I'm going with a black/green/white scheme.

wx51.jpg

Final fitting and then let the building begin!

y4qq.jpg

Just to show everyone what the dimensions look like in push/pull with a 45mm rad and 60mm res. An no, a compression fitting will not work on the bottom...

ggv8.jpg

Dual 360's have a very close tolerances. Top rad is Alphacool ST-30 and Front rad is Alphacool XT-45. 2~3mm spacing between the two using stock holes. Plumbing would (will) have to happen with the top of the case off. Will probably have to shave off the backside of the top fan to allow for the plugs to fit.

n377.jpg

I've had some questions regarding the placement of a 280 rad in the top and spacing.

#1 A ST-30 280 will be right at home on the roof of the case. It has mounts that will place it at the back of the top. As you can see in the pic, it's all drilled out for you already.
#2 The res I use is a Bitspower inline-z 250mm which is 260mm from end to end without fittings. Diameter is 60mm.
#3 You have 310mm of space from the top of the psu cover to the bottom on the ST-30 with fans mounted (I just checked again)

Additionally, there is 150mm of space from the front of the case to the psu cover .

9c8j.jpg

After playing with multiple configurations, I've decided on a Black & White Theme. I really like the look of the glossy white surrounded by flat black when you look through the window. To keep with this theme, I've also replaced all the rivets with white ones. It's my type-A showing up again...

eaui.jpg

or maybe...

n1wt.jpg

Last edited:
Not much new on the build as some additional parts didn't come as expected, but I was able to complete one of the remaining two internal mods I wanted. I hope to have this completed and mounted this week. This is the back of the HD Cage.

lj4i.jpg

Looking good! That's the window side of the HDD cage correct?

Yep, I plan on modding the window to help show off the rad and res! I want just the tops to "peak" out.

7v2x.jpg

With the roof on and the rads mounted

y3fp.jpg

Thinking the rads may need to be white to stand out

mu0r.jpg

Last edited:
My Bitspower plugs and remaining NB e-Loops finally arrived. These have been backordered all over the place! I also ordered some Gigabyte Green LRT to match up with the Lutro0 sleeving, if and when it arrives...

asw6.jpg

The last of my illumination also came in...I'm trying it out in my test case.

imh8.jpg

I'm planning on dimming these down and mounting behind the MB for a glow effect. It's hard to tell from the photo but it is really bright. I am still waiting on some Bitspower 90's for the front rad (yep, backordered also), along with yet another replacement PSU and new SSD, but this will not hold up the build. I'm hoping to flush all the rads this week and start painting as I finished all the metal work.

Everything else came in today except for the Lutro0 sleeving...So I can't sleeve the psu or the fans yet...

i7mn.jpg

I've completed the metal work on the inside of the case, but I can't make my mind up if I should paint the rads white to contrast the interior, which will be visible through the peep hole...thoughts?

The black on black just hides everything. I'm pretty much thinking that the rad itself should be white.

mu0r.jpg

They say the devil is in the details, why not accent the rad instead of painting the entire thing. Something like the hue on the rad in the last pic of post #34. Or even maybe get some roll call stickers made up.

They say the devil is in the details, why not accent the rad instead of painting the entire thing. Something like the hue on the rad in the last pic of post #34. Or even maybe get some roll call stickers made up.

We are kinda thinking along the same lines. If the rad was white, in the daylight it would be a nice contrast. With the internal lighting on, all the white items take on a green "glow" from the leds, which would include the PSU cover, fans and rads...

I wanted to show a little trick I use to warm up my paint as it has always worked for me. The nozzle just fits through the top allowing the entire can to be immersed in hot water:

r9h4.jpg

I was also applying my final coat of paint and "phlat......." I hate aerosol cans!

v6nx.jpg

Now I get to sand and prep everything all over again.....

Sleeving came in last night...now I can start this and wait for better weather to paint.

nxck.jpg

I also received some presents from NZXT. I told them my front 120's had a "tick" sound when they were running, and they sent me 3 new ones. I also mentioned that my NZXT illuminated bezel had stripped screw holes, and they sent me a new front!

04v4.jpg

I have to start putting some of this stuff up for sale...my work room is getting really small!!!

Back