• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[PROJECT LOG] ROG/Ryzen/Nvidia

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
*UPDATE*

Well we can go ahead and add a ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 OC to the list of new goodies. Which of course means we can add a EK-Vector block and backplate to the list of new goodies as well. Pushing the mod purchases back a couple of week, but that is fine as I'm also look to slam a Ryzen 3000 series chip in this build as well.

*UPDATE*

So I finalized the final hardware list to complete this build outside of the new CPU at release...

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: SeaSonic - PRIME Ultra Titanium 850 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($209.68 @ Amazon)
Other: CableMod WideBeam Hybrid LED Kit 60cm - RGB/W ($42.95 @ Amazon)
Other: EK Water Blocks EK-Vector Strix RTX 2080 RGB Water Block - Nickel + Plexi ($184.99 @ Amazon)
Other: EKWB EK-Vector Strix RTX 2080 Backplate, Black ($48.99 @ Amazon)
Other: Armour Etch Cream, 10-Ounce(a Fast Acting,1bottle) ($18.77)
Other: NECA Gears of War 2 Series 4 Ticker Action Figure ($16.00)
Other: NECA Gears of War 2 Series 4 Ticker Action Figure ($16.00)
Other: UV Lighting ($70.00)
Other: green spray paint ($15.00)
Other: purple spray paint ($15.00)
Other: Custom Power Supply Cables ($272.30)
Total: $909.68
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-01 01:22 EDT-0400

Also here is a teaser of some of the layout!

PC3.jpg

*UPDATE*

So having seen several reviews on the AMD Ryzen 3000 series in the last couple of days I decided to pull the trigger on the cheaper Ryzen 5 3600X. I made this decision based on reviews I saw showing the 3600 performing within less the 5% difference to the 3900X in almost all gaming benchmarks. There are obviously select gaming benchmarks where this is untrue, but for the majority of the reviews I've seen the 3600 overclocked to 4.3GHz all core performs on par in most cases (gaming) with the 3700X and 3900X aside for the few games that prefer more threads.

I felt the 3600X was a fair bet to getting a chip that I know will hit 4.3 GHz all core at minimum, perhaps 4.4 if I hit the silicon lottery.

I think that's a wise and educated decision. If I didn't need the additional cores I would be going the same route.

Back