• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair H55 too big.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lornaevo

Hey Guys. I am new here. So a little back story about my setup.

I purchased a PowerSpec B820 a little while back to use as a media center. I use a ceton infinitv 6 for my cable card. Last week, the machine started shutting down for itself. When I check the temp of it, it runs at about 90 degrees Celcius. Obviously that's too hot. So last night I went out and bought the Corsaid H55 Liquid Cooling. Now it turns out that the 120mm Fan and Radiator is too big for my case. Any advice on mounting this thing so it works?

Perhaps just set the rad (maybe with double sided tape) on top of your HDD? can you mount it on the rear 120mm exhaust? Some pictures of the case would be incredibly helpful.

Otherwise, just grab a better air cooler and return the Corsair.

These are pics of the case.

Attachments

• B820 Front.jpg
    B820 Front.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 222
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 215
  • 820 Side.jpg
    820 Side.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 239
So, it wont fit on the rear exhaust? Isn't that a 120mm fan?

LIke I said, sit it on the HDD or in that space if it can fit?

If you look at the rear pics, the USB hub blocks the fan and rad from fitting flush with the case and I won't be able to close it up. Thanks for your speedy replies.

Just return the H55 and get an air cooler. The cheap AIOs aren't worth the money.

Can you remove the exhaust fan and mount it on the inside then put the exhaust fan outside?

I ran into this as well once there is not much you can do except maybe, and this is a big maybe use an empty fan frame tas a spacer and mount on this. This won't fix a spacing issue where the rad won't allow you to close the door.

In this situation I am with ATMINSIDE Either get an air cooler that fits the case of a case that will allow you to mount your cooler. Keep in mind the H55 is not as good as most decent air coolers an worse then a real good air cooler.

Evo 212+, some good TIM (opinions vary, MX-2 is very popular), and you're good to go.

I'd rather see someone with good, competent air cooling than an AIO water kit to be perfectly honest.

Back