• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800GTS TEMP PROB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChadKuijlaars

Registered
Hello guys,

I have 2 8800GTS 640MB's
1 from BFG 8800GTS 640MB OC2
1 from XFX 8800GTS 640MB
I run it in SLI and the OC2 card i've put in the 3rd slot and the bad card in the first slot ( as it should be ) but now i have some weird temp problems
my XFX card is 56°C my BFG card is 71°C the XFX card has to monitors running on it a 24 inch and a 19 inch so dunno why that is colder. Besides that i tought the BFG gpu was colder before also around 55°C but then i tried to overclock it and saw my temps rise and thought well nevermind that so i put it back and maybe it got overheated or something?

O yea when i am playing the XFX card gets 65~70°C max and the BFG 95°C max thats bad i know but i don't know how it comes the rest of my pc is pretty cool have enough fans and a geminII cpu fan. Maybe the airflow is worse cause its next to my PSU ( the bfg )? hope to get some answers;)

Those cards just ran hot period. I have 2 of the EVGA 8800GTS's. The G80's were ridiculously hot with the stock coolers. Mine idled at ~70C originally. I ended up putting a different cooler on them and temps drops a LOT. Temps dropped from ~70C at idle, down to about ~45C. Used to hit ~80-85C at load, now they MAY get 55C.

Link to the coolers. I put a small, I believe 80mm fan on each cooler as well.

Well i ordered 3 new Case Fans for better airflow hope that helps alot cause i am not planning to screw open my vidcards and stuff ;xD thanks for the idea but no thanks;)
Hope the temps drop with the new Fans i think it will but i will find out in about 10 to 20 days;D

have you tried dusting out the heatsinks and changing the thermal paste on your vid cards??? some high quality tim like as5 or mx2 should help your temps alot

have you tried dusting out the heatsinks and changing the thermal paste on your vid cards??? some high quality tim like as5 or mx2 should help your temps alot

will clean the gpu again;) didnt clean heatsink last time only the fan

You should see some of the PC's I cleaned out. Had to use a air compressor with nozzle. Still took 20 min to get all the dust out, it was a old Pentium 2 machine.

Fans collect dust on the end of the blades, where dust can wrap around it in long strands. On heat sinks though, it just piles up and prevents flow of air. Heatsinks first, fans last. Besides whats more likely to collect dust, something moving at possibly 2000rpm or a stationary thing?

if there is space, try putting a PCI slot cooler or another fan.

I can tell you why Xtkxhom3r cause the fans are the eye catcher you can see them right away and there you see the dust right away so you think thats the reason. But hey i cleaned the heatsink my temps are about 15°C lower!! thanks!

I orderd 3 new Fans! for my cm690 case. then i have around 10 coolers included the 'GPU coolers'

i can't place a pci-slot-cooler

Back