• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 78GT-E63 vs GIGABYTE GA-MA785Gm-US2H vs ASUS M4a785-M Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcpangs

MSI 78GT-E63 vs GIGABYTE GA-MA785Gm-US2H vs ASUS M4a785-M Pro

which board will be best for overclocking my Phenom II x3 720 2.8ghz?

If any of them have MOSFET heatsinks that's the one I'd pick ...

the gigabyte has one... and it has a copper layer on the board which makes it less prone to overheating in theory. any other issues I have to be aware of? if none id go for the gigabyte..

Got more time now. I can't find the MSI board anywhere. :shrug:

Both the ASUS and Gigabyte have the copper motherboard plates for heat distribution (ASUS calls it "Stack Cool") and neither has MOSFET heatsinks. (The MOSFETs are the chips between the CPU and the rear I/O ports.) You'll have to go by their other features ...

really? i guess the mosfet is more important than the copper layer on the board?

I never recommend overclocking a machine without MOSFET heatsinks. The copper layer will distribute some heat but it's nowhere near close to being a "heatsink". If you like the other boards better that's fine but I would recommend adding your own heatsinks to the MOSFETs - Newegg sells them ...

well I agree with you, my previous board msi k9a2 cf-f has its own mosfets just like the one with mis 78GT-E63 and it overclocks without any problem. Thanks for the advise. If im sticking with my ddr2 ram then id go with the msi, but if i decided to upgrade to ddr3 i'll just try to look for a good board.. thanks again

Back