• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are you able to change your AIM password?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lionsault_100

Sorry I have this thread in the applications section as well, but it's getting absolutely no burn (the thread and that section as a whole), maybe there will be more exposure here, since I need to know whats going on asap.

I get this message "The request failed because you have logged in too many times or your IP address has logged in too often."

I sold a screen name on ebay yesterday ($2) and i'm not able to change the password from my master password the guy is getting antsy, i need to give him either a password or his money back tonight.

Lionsault_100 said:
Sorry I have this thread in the applications section as well, but it's getting absolutely no burn (the thread and that section as a whole), maybe there will be more exposure here, since I need to know whats going on asap.

I get this message "The request failed because you have logged in too many times or your IP address has logged in too often."

I sold a screen name on ebay yesterday ($2) and i'm not able to change the password from my master password the guy is getting antsy, i need to give him either a password or his money back tonight.
Um, I wont bother asking why you sold a screenname but to change the password just go into options I believe....I use trillian though so I forget.

^ Yes I get that, when you do it do you get that message ? - I sold the screen name "Lenons Beetles"- for 2 bucks. lol.

Yeah, just go into aim, go to FILE, then to OPTIONS. and there's it has an option to change the password.

And its only 2 bucks, not like he sold the name for 50 bucks. and people want certain names that they can't get. And people don't want to put 100 numbers after the name they choose.

Its not like he scammed the guy like people on Ebay are doing with Xbox Gmail accounts. The buyer knows EXACTLY what he is buying.

the guy wants a specific screen name. and Lionsault_100 has the name the guy wants.

i see nothing wrong with this transaction.

You guys aren't reading, he knows how to change the password, but when he goes and does it, he gets an error message!!!!! He was asking if anybody else was getting this..Actually I got one yesterday, but it seems to work now.

Kevin007 said:
You guys aren't reading, he knows how to change the password, but when he goes and does it, he gets an error message!!!!! He was asking if anybody else was getting this..Actually I got one yesterday, but it seems to work now.

YES! - it finally works, too bad i forked over the refund.

Lionsault_100 said:

You're gonna have to disconnect and reconnect to the internet, because the AIM system apparently punished you for relogging in often. If you have a dynamic IP address.

Back