• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Official Battlefield 4 Thread - Report Performance & Experiences Here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I meant msaa which is the only aa in the in game menu. i'll mess with the other stuff and see what happens. on my particualr monitor (24") it takes about 8x AA to completely remove jaggies. i'm hoping 1440p with 4x AA will get similar results with less of a performance hit but idk how it will turn out for sure.

You can also enable transparency AA in the NVIDIA control panel to 2x, 4x, or 8x multisample, which can help with the jaggies on things like foilage, fences, grates, etc.
i didn't know about that one. i'll try it.

As said above... Post Processing in BF4 is FXAA. Set that to application controlled in your GPU control panel and see what happens.

I play with a 780 at 1440p with default Ultra settings. Doesn't bother me at all, FPS are great for me.

You can also enable transparency AA in the NVIDIA control panel for your BF4 profile (or global) to 2x, 4x, or 8x multisample, which can help with the jaggies on things like foliage, fences, grates, etc.
8x transparency actually does help. i can almost look at foliage without vomiting and still get about 60fps. awesome idea thanks!

As said above... Post Processing in BF4 is FXAA. Set that to application controlled in your GPU control panel and see what happens.

I play with a 780 at 1440p with default Ultra settings. Doesn't bother me at all, FPS are great for me.

i must need a nap or something because i don't see post processing in the nvidia control panel and fxaa just says it's not supported by this application. i did see AA post in the game menu but that's already set to high.

Nope, on me. I meant to say make sure any aa is app controlled in your control panel and set aa through the game. Post processing in bf4 is fxaa.

Hope that clears it up. :)

Thanks to manu2b's giveaway, I just got this game and got a 670 from MattNo5ss.
I played 2 rounds tonight and didn't have any issues *knock on wood*
Playing at 1680x1050. Settings are all at High with 4xAA on and the post on High. Seemed to be fairly steady in multiplayer (vsync turned on, didn't notice any major drops). Single player was choppy.
I'm gonna scroll through the battletags post and try to add some of you guys. Would love to join up with some people instead of just running around by myself trying to figure out what's going on and dieing.

*Edit* - Wait. Is there an OCF group for BF4? Is there a thread with gamertags?

258o3dz.png.jpg

I'm kind of addicted to the game lol !

Eh, some rich dude bought my Ram, SSD and GPU for MSRP so I'm in the market for a new GPU.

Had the GTX 770 but I am hesitating between the Asus R9 200X or the Asus GTX 780

I was able to play around 70FPS with the Overclocked 770 so I was pretty happy about it

Ahhh :/

I was just in similar situation, Moussa (someone bought my card at a high price).

I was deciding amongs the 280x, 290, and 770. The extra vram and Mantle intrigue swayed me toward the AMD cards. I really wanted to go with the 290 since it wasn't too much more and is actual new hardware, but I don't like the reference cooler results, so I grabbed a 280x (not an easy task, btw).

Another option for you is to grab any card you can at a really good price (probably an nvidia card since all AMDs are out of stock or overpriced right now), then when the non-reference 290s release, you can sell what you bought and pick one up.

I actually set my mind on the R9 280X because of Mantel.
But like you said, you can't find them anywhere!
That's crazy :s !

At 11:05am EST, EA stock was down 8.28%, one of the biggest drops during morning trading.

We know we still have a ways to go with fixing the game — it is absolutely our No. 1 priority. The team at DICE is working non-stop to update the game,” said an EA spokesperson in a statement provided to Polygon. “We’re not moving onto future projects or expansions until we sort out all the issues with Battlefield 4. We know many of our players are frustrated, and we feel their pain.

Source

Hopefully this should shake things up at EA/DICE. Get the ball rolling fellas. I guess they got the whole DICE company on BF4 now. Good! Its unfortunate this should've happened before launch.

I'd like to thank all the complaints and protesters that made this happen. Without you guys I don't think this would have gotten this far! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!

Wow ! I am one lucky guy...
I was just browsing on Newegg and saw that they had the Gigabyte 280X available...
Grabbed it for $305, delivered.

Am I going to use it?
Mhh not sure...
Some crazy bitcoins addicts are killing themselves for these cards right now so I might just flip it back on Ebay for $450+

Check out the legend video

Been following this guy for a while, hilarious. He does his commander bit mostly on BF3 since you can't do voice over the whole team, but his BF4 one is pretty good:

:rofl:

Anybody here who bought the Digital Deluxe Edition and is having problems loading China Rising maps?

I double checked and and the Deluxe Edition of BF4 said it comes with the China Rising DLC pack, yet when I try to join a game, BF4 crashes before it completely loads the map... It does so shortly after joining the server...

Anyone else having this issue?

I plan on buying the Premium Package, but not until later...

***Edit***

I just checked and it appears that premium members have early access to it... sigh. lol

Premium users get China Rising 2 weeks early, those with Pre Orders, it doesn't matter if you pre ordered the regular or the Digital Deluxe, both of them had the China Rising DLC, but we can't access them until they are officially released to the public. I believe we were set up with it preloaded though, although I could be wrong.

Was wondering why we couldn't download it too, so i checked and believe it was Dec 14th you can get it

Once it goes public than you can download China DLC. Us premium members got it already.

Once it goes public than you can download China DLC. Us premium members got it already.

Sadly I did not get Premium with this one due to all the complaints on the bugs :/ I may get at a later date, but certainly not at the moment.

Back