• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED The Official Battlefield 4 Thread - Report Performance & Experiences Here!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I didn't bother with premium either, and probably won't. My interest with this game has gone down drastically, just like it did with BF3.

There's this crazy rumor that BF5 will come out next year developed by another company (much like Call of Duty released yearly alternating between Treyarch and Infinity Ward). Not good IMO.
Wow ! I am one lucky guy...
I was just browsing on Newegg and saw that they had the Gigabyte 280X available...
Grabbed it for $305, delivered.
Good card.

I would be beyond surprised if that happened. It would overlap with their DLC release schedule.

There's this crazy rumor that BF5 will come out next year developed by another company (much like Call of Duty released yearly alternating between Treyarch and Infinity Ward). Not good IMO.

According to Wedbush Morgan analyst, Michael Pachter, DICE won't be developing the next Battlefield title, it will be left to Visceral Games. Visceral Games may have Dead Space, which is one of the strongest franchises on the market, but.... I don't know if I have hope as far as them working on Battlefield....

I think after BF3 and BF4 its time for EA to wake up and smell the coffee and move away from DICE. DICE might be a good company in some other titles but for such a HUGE COMPLICATED game which was one of the biggest rivals against Activision, was out of their league. Sorry but what must be done, must be done!

But the big question is of the issues with BF are because of DICE or because EA forced them yo release the game before it was ready?

I feel confident in saying EA was trying to push it out to counter CoD Ghost, which makes sense, but if you don't have a completely finished product yet... Well...

Or, because EA gave them a deadline--like most projects--and DICE, not wanting to deal with the legal issues of missing said deadline, released the game anyway.

Or, because EA gave them a deadline--like most projects--and DICE, not wanting to deal with the legal issues of missing said deadline, released the game anyway.

Releasing a game is up to EA. As far as what you mentioned, dooooo you not remember the WONDERFUL game that was Sim City? Yet again, EA pushed out an unfinished product and forced the customers to play guinea pigs.

I really think EA said can you have BF ready by so and so date. Strategically released before Activision's COD back to back. I believe DICE agreed as its a sub contract. DICE wanted the money but their heads were up their you know what. 2nd times a charm they always said.

If you notice the games not being ready were coming from DICE. I believe you get a contract with a set date (+/-) to be released. What small company would want to pass up a opportunity to play big ball with EA? I am sure there's a lot of them out there globally. It doesn't matter if EA wanted it released when they wanted it as I am sure it was relevant to the coctract. DICE wasn't ready! DICE dropped the ball heavily. EA took a shareholder hit. I can totally see a different team for the Battlefield Franchise.

Lets not forget BF3 isn't finalized imo. Still bugs and issues.

I suppose that makes sense too, we'll see I guess. While there may be bugs, the Battlefield series is widely loved, I would just hate to see it turn into what Activision did with Call of Duty by bringing in Treyarch.

I suppose that makes sense too, we'll see I guess. While there may be bugs, the Battlefield series is widely loved, I would just hate to see it turn into what Activision did with Call of Duty by bringing in Treyarch.

Well if I recall correctly, COD has a decade + old engine. Garbage imo. Didn't the team that made some of the original early games like COD/MW leave for another team? I remember there was a fallout because something with not enough pay etc and the main elite team of guys left for another team.

Infinity Ward, the original IW team disbanded after Modern Warfare. I dont know the detaila but from what I remember reading and the posts from the head of IW, Activision sent guys to the IW office to tell them to pack their ****. So I dunno beyond that.

All I really mean is that I hope they don't split the game up between different devs with each different game. Treyarch is responsible for World at War after IW's success of Modern Warfare. Treyarch is also responsible for Black Ops.

Last edited:
Well if I recall correctly, COD has a decade + old engine. Garbage imo. Didn't the team that made some of the original early games like COD/MW leave for another team? I remember there was a fallout because something with not enough pay etc and the main elite team of guys left for another team.

Yes some major players in IW left after MW2, IW also filed a lawsuit against Activision because Activision didn't pay promised royalties. Many in Bioware also left because they didn't like what EA was doing with their way of business.

PS- I uninstalled BF4, I had enough.

^ Yea, after MW2.

But, the main group behind Infinity Ward went on to bring us what is coming up as TitanFall, working with their new company Respawn.

A couple of patches in for BF4 I started running into a few issues myself, mainly regarding hit boxes, newly developed crashing on my end, and some other small things. But with the latest patches things seem back to normal for me. I am enjoying playing though, regardless, and cannot wait for the Second Assault DLC to bring in the new version of Operation Metro (corny I know since O.M was in BF3). I want to see what they've done with it, as I prefer the closer quarters maps like Metro.

Played 4 hours of crash free BF4 on Friday night. Decided to play hardcore to minimize the hitbox/netcode issues and while there were still some frustrations it felt better.

Releasing a game is up to EA. As far as what you mentioned, dooooo you not remember the WONDERFUL game that was Sim City? Yet again, EA pushed out an unfinished product and forced the customers to play guinea pigs.

It still IS, but not such a wonderful game. I played a lot of sim city, biggest issue is really the map size its taken like 6 updates now, and all of them have fixed the traffic, but non of them have really fixed it. They are still releasing updates with features that should have been there from the start.

All this is on EA's plate for pushing products. I understand an investment, but whats the point? EA ended up giving away free games to everyone that owned Sim City, not that its a huge loss, but free compared to making money, is never a solid business plan.

I dont really care if any one takes over 100%, it wont change anything as long as its EA calling the shots.

Premium users get China Rising 2 weeks early, those with Pre Orders, it doesn't matter if you pre ordered the regular or the Digital Deluxe, both of them had the China Rising DLC, but we can't access them until they are officially released to the public. I believe we were set up with it preloaded though, although I could be wrong.

Yeh, I double checked and origin is telling me the DLC is available for me on December 16th.

Back