• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Shut down Problem!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
I have a Tyan Tiger MOBO, not the MPX the older one. Anyway, it has been running fine for like a year, runs 24/7. I have 2 MP 1800's in there, TX2000 raid card, 3 HD;s , CD drive and a floppy. It has 2 256MB of ECC ram and a 431W Enermax PSU. Cooled via 2 SK6's with 50CFM 80mm fans. Here lies the problem: The machine turns off randomly, but all the fans stay ON!!! It's like the CPU's shut down but the fans and HD's are still on! It just started doing this. Any ideas? This is a first for me with this problem, if it was just shutting down, that would be easier! Any help appreciated!

Hows your 5v rail holding up? I'm having a similar problem with my single cpu rig and I'm pretty sure its do to a low 5v rail. Could be different in your case...

RnPgrosz said:
Hows your 5v rail holding up? I'm having a similar problem with my single cpu rig and I'm pretty sure its do to a low 5v rail. Could be different in your case...
Not too bad, 4.91 or so. Like I said, the fans/hard drives STAY ON but the computer goes down, very weird.

Back