• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 42" LG TV refresh rate "overclock"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Erik89

Hello,

I've been reading around the interwebs that you can increase the refresh rate of a monitor. I have a LG 42" TV (42LD450-ZA) running at 50 Hz, and I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with increasing the refresh rate in similar cases? Is it at all possible?

It's best to just give it a shot. It only takes a few seconds with CRU, last I tried you don't even need to restart your PC anymore.

Walmart doesn't say what the full model it is, but since that says 60 Hz I don't think it is a 42LD450-ZA. I sent a mail to LG user support asking if it is possible/ risks. I will post what I hear from them back here :)

A lot of these TVs share the same board across different model #s.

I was able to enable USB recording on my TV by simply changing the device name. (Probably could've changed the refresh rate too...) If it didn't work out I could've always fixed it in the same factory menu where I made the changes.

LG support says there is no way to change the frequency. But they would say that either way because if it was possible then there would be no point of buying a more expensive screen with higher frame rate.

I'll check into this factory menu and see what settings I can play with there.

Back