• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Asus 24" LED VG248QE + DisplayPort + Spyder 3 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Erik89

Hello guys and girls,

I'm considering buying the Asus 24" LED VG248QE, and am planning to connect it via the DisplayPort to my gpu. I have heard that the colors can be bad on this screen due to calibration difficulties, but I have a Spyder 3 Pro color calibration unit I was thinking I could use to fix that issue.

Do I need a specific type of displayport cable to be able to get full HD at 144 Hz or will any dp cable work?

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Any DisplayPort cable should work fine. The only thing that matters is the DisplayPort version on each end of the cable (monitor and graphics card). As long as it is 1.2, you should be fine. 1.0/1.1 may work, but I'm not sure how much throughput that needs.

I don't have experience with that monitor, but I'd find it hard to believe that it can't be calibrated, especially with the assistance of a calibration unit.

Thank you for your input. I decided to go with a dual dvi cable, as it was suggested by NVIDIA when I contacted them about full HD at 60Hz per eye 3D. I will receive my monitor sometime next week, if I have any problems I will post them here :)

Glad you got it figured out. You should post here with how well it works, too! :)

Update: Got everything up and running. Couldn't get the calibration to work properly (got a very saturated image). But I just needed to lower brightness, saturation and contrast to get a nice picture. The improvement is HUGE from the TV i used to play on, Im never going back :p

Straight from PCmonitors.info for the VG248QE you can try,
Splendid= Theater Mode
Sharpness= 40 (eliminates some minor fringing on text – also use ClearType)

Brightness= 54 (according to preferences and lighting)

Contrast= 43 (default contrast in this preset gives major shade crushing)

Color Temp= User Mode

Red= 100

Green= 95

Blue= 93

Enjoy your VG248QE, I know I love mine.

Back