• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS F2A85-M Pro HDMI not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leon120081

Hello dear friends,
i have ASUS F2A85-M Pro motherboard and its working perfectly but its HDMI port not giving output, my lcd detecting HDMI power when i connect it but no display shows.
Motherboard is 100% ok and my LCD is also ok, is there any option inside bios setting to enable HDMI output ?

Hi & welcome to the forums.
Tell us a little more about your system & your problem. Did the motherboard HDMI used to work & stop, or did it never work? What CPU/APU is in the mobo? Do you have a video card installed also? Do you have another HDMI cable you can use for testing?

That's an old board. Did AMD have integrated graphics on that board or did you use an APU (which has iGPU versus regular processors that do not)?

Does the other video output work? Try a VGA to HDMI adapter? DVI? Displayport?

EDIT: Does that board even take a desktop processor or only APUs?

Last edited:
Hi & welcome to the forums.
Tell us a little more about your system & your problem. Did the motherboard HDMI used to work & stop, or did it never work? What CPU/APU is in the mobo? Do you have a video card installed also? Do you have another HDMI cable you can use for testing?

Yes it was working before, but when i changed the Casing and power supply of this system HDMI stopped working
i do not have video card, i have AMD A10-5800K APU it has built-in HD video card
i changed 2/3 HDMI cables but it not showing output

That's an old board. Did AMD have integrated graphics on that board or did you use an APU (which has iGPU versus regular processors that do not)?

Does the other video output work? Try a VGA to HDMI adapter? DVI? Displayport?

EDIT: Does that board even take a desktop processor or only APUs?
Yes this board has an Integrated graphics but i use APU ( it has onboard GPU as well)
yes other Video output works fine,
I am using APU only on it, i dont know this works with porcessors or not

Thanks for all the clarifications. Reconnect all of the power supply and case connections again because sometimes we miss something doing a case & PSU swap. If that doesn't work I think you should pull the mobo out of the new case and try to boot it sitting on a non-conductive surface. There could be an extra standoff or loose screw under the board causing a boot failure. Do you have a case speaker so you can hear beep codes? You'll want to be sure that is connected.

E_D, yes the board can use non-APU CPUs (AthlonX4 750 for example), but the HDMI output won't work without an APU. This board is similar to my F2A55-M.

Last edited:
Back