• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would you like to see a pc in?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xiun

I've seen people make their own cases and all, but I really like the ones where they put their pc in something it shouldnt be in. I've seen them in radios, cardboard boxes, toy cars, and bunches of others. So, for my next mod, I want some suggestions for what you would like to see a pc put into.

Thanks,
Xiun

hmm...how about a computer inside a monitor...(take out the insides of the monitor obviously and it has to be a CRT)

I did just that a couple years ago JCW122. I used a dead 21" monitor for it, but i never liked it (maybe I used to big of a shell), so I trashed it. Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures.

I've also put a micro AT 386 board inside a monitor with a video card, and the monitor guts still in it. Fun litle machine. Only thing was I never found a use for it, so I trashed that as well. I might have some pix somewhere, but I'm seriously doubting it.

How about this:

An aquarium inside a computer. And I don't mean some little aquarium window, I mean seal up the entire box, coat the motherboard and cards and everything so they are waterproof, and have the case actually filled with water. You would have to waterproof the hell out of everything that is submerged, and make a water tight case, and a few other things. you could use passive heatsinks on the NB and probably CPU, although you might want to locate a pump to flush some water across the cpu. You would also have to pump the water through a fairly big radiator to keep the water cool, and the fishies comfortable. Submerging the hard drives would be optional, but nice. Submerging the optical drives and PSU would be virtually imposable, and probably a bad idea.

Just image the sweetness of having fish swimming around in your computer.

how about shticking it under your computer table liek on the bottum of the table is where it is mounted and every
would have to be in some sort of box, or stick the computer inside a basketball.

I didn't even get the 666MHz part until you, sort of, pointed it out mtb856. I like the bible idea, or a big dictionary if you like, but what the hell are you going to do with it? You can't carry it around, well unless you make it like a laptop. That would be pretty sweet, a laptop that looks like a book.

I think you (Xiun) should build it into a desk or maybe an old fashion radio. You know the kind with tubes and stuff. I've seen some real nice radios made from walnut and the like that had fancy scroll work and even had claw feet.

That would be pretty sweet, a laptop that looks like a book.

That would be a fairly good sized book..... what you could do is take a laptop and mod the binding from an old book onto the laptop, so you wouldn't have to deal with the weight of a book and the laptop.... that would look pretty sweet IMO

mtb856 said:
That would be a fairly good sized book....

Yeah I shudder to think how much a book that size would cost. But hey! Thrift stores have lots of old books. Leather bound? Probably not but...

you could put one inside an old acoustic guitar, that's be neat, especially if you put a cool paint-job on it, maybe paint it blue with some pink neons and Elvis on i.t

U know what i wanna see, and i was thinking about doing it the other day.

Build a pc inside a large mouse cage encloser, and have little mouse wheels with mounted fan blades onn teh sides, so when the mosue runs and turns the wheeel u get an extra 2 cfm!

Not to mention all the lights would make it think it was always at a disco.rave, so u could feed him party drugs which would make him run even faster, maybe 3cfm.

But i really wanna see animals inside pcs from now on guys!

Like maybe you could put some sea monkeys in your water cooled rig.

nah im just kidding, dont do that.

Back