• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

o.c my system need some advise plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have to key in an exact value im not following you sorry....bassline is meens minimum?
this is what i see on my screen

cpu offset voltage 1.283 its set to auto next to it in dif window it ses min = 0.003125v
max =
- : 0.062500v
+: 0.700000v
standerd = by cpu
increment = 0.003125v
+/-:raise/reduce

cpu/nb offset voltage 1.151 its set to auto

min = 0.003125v
max = 0.700000v
standerd = by cpu
increment = 0.003125v
+/- : raise / reduce

what voltage value do i key in for them? once i don this i can post u my cpu-z tabs

update..my friend helpt me with the values. i stil dont understand it that well but here is what cpu-z shows now

Attachments

• CPU-Z .jpg
    CPU-Z .jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 28
i have to key in an exact value im not following you sorry....bassline is meens minimum? "Baseline" means stock, auto, default. What it is before you make any manual changes. "Bassline" is fishing equipment that you catch bass with.
this is what i see on my screen

cpu offset voltage 1.283 its set to auto next to it in dif window it ses min = 0.003125v Give it an offset of +.1
max =
- : 0.062500v
+: 0.700000v
standerd = by cpu
increment = 0.003125v
+/-:raise/reduce

cpu/nb offset voltage 1.151 its set to auto add an offset of +.07 or whatever is the next highest increment.

min = 0.003125v
max = 0.700000v
standerd = by cpu
increment = 0.003125v
+/- : raise / reduce

what voltage value do i key in for them? once i don this i can post u my cpu-z tabs The CPUNB voltage will not appear in CPU-z. I wish it did.

Last edited:
the cpu volt is in yellow at 1.415 (0.090625)
the cpu/nb volt is in yellow running at 1.250(0.100000)

is this fine? please let me no what the next step is.thanks

Yellow is no problem. But I don't want to start the CPU voltage that high. I would like to start it at 1.375 or very close to it so instead of a .090625 back the offset down to about .050625 or whatever is close to that. Doesn't have to be that precise. We can always increase the CPU voltage as needed later.

One of the guiding principles of safe and effective overclocking is that you start low, test, monitor temps and make gradual increases. It's not good to go for the jugular vein right away since it increases the risk something might be damaged.

ok man i got the cpu offset volt at (0.053125)<blue this is as close i can get .otherwise the value is 0.050000

the cpu/nb is still at 1.244 (0.100000)<yellow <dose this need changing?

I think those values will be fine for starters. So now give me the three CPU-z tab pics just to check key values. Don't need HWMonitor pic this time but if things look good in the CPU-z pics we'll start overclocking. How's that sound?

Okay, the main frequencies and voltages look appropriate. Let's go. Here's the plan:

1. The big idea is stress test for stability, monitor for temps and voltages, adjust frequencies and voltages to restore stability when instability occurs.
2. Method:
a. Always have HWMonitor open on the desktop at the start of every stress test
b. Beginning with the stock frequency and voltage, run the Prime95 blend test for 20 minutes
c. If the 20 minute stress test is passed, move the CPU ratio (multiplier) up by .5x and retest for 20 minutes with Prime95 blend. Repeat this process until you fail the stress test. Failing means the computer blue screens, crashes, resets or one of the six Prime95 workers drops out.
d. When failure of the stress test occurs, add a small amount of CPU voltage, that is, increase the offset a little, say by .0125. Then retest with Prime95 for 20 minutes. If you still fail, add a wee more offset.
e. Repeat this pattern until the core temps reach 55 C. or the CPU reaches 65 C. or the CPU vcore reaches 1.55 (under "load", i.e. max HWMonitor report for vcore when stress testing). This is the "wall".

Report back if you encounter unexpected problems or you get stuck.

Any questions?

Last edited:
so u wish me to run the prim 95 blend mode on 6 torture tests for 20 mins on the current stock settings that you made me key in in the bios now.

Yes.

When we get a feel for where the wall is further down the line we will run longer Prime95 tests to confirm stability. 20 minutes is not long enough to confirm stability but if you can pass 20 minutes you are close and it saves time and where and tear on equipment in the early stages of the overclock.

first test @ stock level question. regarding the cpu ratio.it is at 16 so when u say .5x do u meen 16.5 or 21. sorry for lack of understanding you

Attachments

• stock temps.jpg
    stock temps.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 20
ahhh ok ok i understand now i will try the next value then and report back

forgot to ask for the cpu and cpu core 0-6 temps..is it the VALUE or MAX that i must look out for when it hits 65c for cpu and 55 c for cpu cores 0-6 in hardware monitor? and when u say drop out for priam 95 that meens one of the workers will no longer be visible as a tab?

max

The worker will stop calculating and a message about an unexpected value or about hardware failure or error will appear on that worker pane. For pete sakes, just get started!

i have. i was just asking. I am on cpu ratio of 17 now. coninuing the process today.will report back

hay man iv come to a stop im unsure what to do im not fully understanding the incress of voltage..

im on cpu ratio of 20 and one window of prime stopt so i went into bios to try the voltage incress but im a little unsure. the value is at 0.053125 when i press + the incress is buy 0.003125v. the next one up from that is 0.056250 using a calculator adding .0125 makes 0.065625. this figure is 4 pressign + going into yellow..just wana make sure im doing this correctly beffor continuing. thanks again for your help

Back