• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

o.c my system need some advise plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
just sor ur other post. i have no idea i followd u guys instructions on setting everything back the way it was and i havent touchd anything since u told me to get a cooler..eerythign that has been touched was through u guys on this fourm.

since im in bios on my pc now maybe this makes more sence to you

extream tweaker tab

target turbo core frequency:4176mhz
target cpu frequency: 31712mhz
target dram frequency: 1237mhz

cpu level up (auto)
-----
oc tuner utility
ai autoclock tuner (manual)
cpu ratio (auto)
amd terbo core technology (enabled)
turbo core ration ( auto)
cpu bus frequency (232)
pcie frequecy (100)
dram frequency (1237mhz)
cpu/nb frequency (auto)
ht link speed (auto)

under my advanced / cpu configuration tab

secure irtual machie mode (enabled)
cool n quiet (disabled)
c1e support (disabled)
asus core unlocker (disabled)
cpu core actiation (auto)

maybe this will help.iv been doing the best i can to listen and follow u guys instructions

Well, I don't recall telling you to use your fsb to overclock but if I did I was confused at the time. So, let's start over.

Put CPU frequency (fsb) back to the stock 200 mhz.

Put the CPU multiplier to 16x

Put the CPU voltage to 1.375

Put the CPUNB voltage to 1.25

Put the ram speed at 1333 mhz.

Put the ram voltage to 1.55 (.05 more than stock)

Give me the CPU-z pics of "CPU" "Memory", "SPD" tabs again just to check settings before we start to overclock.

no u dident but for some resson it reverted back to this settings..i dont no why. maybe somthing to do with the terbo core tehnology setting witch i thoguhyt i disabled..i wil ltry to disable this first and see what my readxdings are beffor i do those settings u posted

Yeah, disable Turbo Core or Turbo boost or whatever they call it, Cool N Quiet and C1E. Then go into Windows Control Panel Power Options and set it to High Performance.

I suspect you may have had some Auto overclocking genie in bios enabled. Please, please disable anything like that and let's do this right with the manual bios settings. Also, please disable any Windows overclocking software you may have been utilizing.

dident do anything disabling turbo. im stuck with keying in those settings ?
cpu mulitplier is the cpu ratio?if so its stuck on auto.wont seem to save changes for some resson when i key in the number 16x
allso for dram voltage i put in 1.55000 and im unsure what the cpunb voltage and cpu voltage u are refering to is on my bios.. i got cpu offset voltage ,cpu/nb offset voltage nb voltage and nb 1.8v voltage..im not sure witch ones u are referin to.sorry

dose afterburner count as an o.c software? thats the only program i have but i never used it for that..just monitering gpu temps. thanks

arrrgg sorry im so silly i had to change the cpu level to auto again for me to change the cpu ratio..its on 16.0 now .im stil confused about the voltage for the cpu and cpu north bridge..iv got cpu ofset voltage witch is on 1.376 and the cpu/nb offset voltage on 2.487 nb voltage on 1.098 and nb 1.8v voltage 1.802 im still unsure witch cpu and nb values u are refering to sorry.

dident do anything disabling turbo. im stuck with keying in those settings ?
cpu mulitplier is the cpu ratio? Yes
if so its stuck on auto.wont seem to save changes for some resson when i key in the number 16x Try using the "+" and "-" keys.

allso for dram voltage i put in 1.55000 and im unsure what the cpunb voltage and cpu voltage u are refering to is on my bios..

i got cpu offset voltage ,cpu/nb offset voltage I would guess these are the main voltage adjustments for the CPU and CPUNB. Make some adjustement to the CPU offset voltatge and we will see if it shows up in CPU-z "CPU" tab. Again, you may need to use the "+" and "-" keys to increase them by small increments until you achieve the desired voltage or close to it.

nb voltage and nb 1.8v voltage..im not sure witch ones u are referin to.sorry Don't change these. I think they are referencing the "chipset" voltage.

Last edited:
arrrgg sorry im so silly i had to change the cpu level to auto again for me to change the cpu ratio..its on 16.0 now .im stil confused about the voltage for the cpu and cpu north bridge..iv got cpu ofset voltage witch is on 1.376 and the cpu/nb offset voltage on 2.487 nb voltage on 1.098 and nb 1.8v voltage 1.802 im still unsure witch cpu and nb values u are refering to sorry.

"the cpu/nb offset voltage on 2.487" I think this is way too high. 1.25 is what I'm suggesting.

I think the thing that would be most helpful to you and to us helping you is to have you take a digital camera and take pics of your bios sections that have to do with Frequency and Voltage adjustments and Overclocking. Then attach them with you posts. We need to see what you see. Unless I would have the same motherboard I cannot use the precise terminology used by the your board's bios programmers. Every bios is going to be different and use different terminology to describe the same adjustments.

ok im changing the cpu ratio to 16.0
the dram voltage to 1.55000
and cpu ofset voltage to 375
you said dont change the values beacause u think thay are refering to chipset voltage so im leaving the cpu nb volt alone for now. i think thats what ur reffering to. and going from 1.144 to 1.25 seems alot.
will try to boot with this and see what happens

ok im changing the cpu ratio to 16.0
the dram voltage to 1.55000

and cpu ofset voltage to 375
Did you mean to say 375? That would fry it. I want the end result of the CPU voltage to be 1.375, not 375.

you said dont change the values beacause u think thay are refering to chipset voltage so im leaving the cpu nb volt alone for now.
No, I said the NB voltage and the NB 1.8 is referring to the chipset voltage, not the CPUNB.

i think thats what ur reffering to. and going from 1.144 to 1.25 seems alot.
1.225 would probably be enough with the ram at 1333 mhz.

will try to boot with this and see what happens

Last edited:
sorry man that was a mistype il clear things up everything is set to auto BUT the dram volt.
cpu offset volt 1.376
cpu/nb offset volt 1.144
cpu vdda volt 2.487
dram volt 1.647(changed value to 1.55000
ht volt 1.197
nb volt 1.098
nb 1.8v volt 1.802
sb volt 1.111
vddr volt 1.205
vddpcie volt 1.113
dram ctrl ref volt 0.500
dram data ref volt 0.500

Last edited:
sorry man for some resson the post when u did the yellow typeface was not showing up on my screen correctly. so it made me think otherwise. right so im gona change the cpu offset to 1.375 but im still unsure of the cpu/nb offset. u said in post 123 cpu/nb 1.25 but in post 133 u say 1.225...witch is the right value..sorry

Start with 1.225. I lowered it because you said 1.25 "seems alot". And I said that 1.225 should be fine for the ram at 1333 mhz. The CPUNB is a key component of the ICM (Integrated Memory Controller). That's the connection to the mention of the ram frequency.

Relax, man. Take a deep breath. The fate of the free world doesn't depend on this overclocking effort.

I've got to get ready for bed now. I'll check this tomorrow sometime.

lol it wont let me key in the value 1.376 for cpu or 1.225 for cpu/nb.i can only key in 4 digits.if i try 1.25 for cpu/nb and press enter the value changes itself to 0.400000 and the number is red. there is menu on the far side that looks like this

red bar..(if i press - the number is lowerd and the bar becomes yellow and eventuly blue)
min - 0.003125v
max - 0.700000v
standard - by cpu
increment - 0.003125v

i have no idea what this meens. im gona disgard changing the volts and just leave it all on auto apart from the ram volt cpu ratio ram frequency and fsb

I think the term "offset voltage" may refer to the amount added or subtracted to the base amount, not the total amount. So if the baseline CPUNB, for instance is 1.15 then to add an offset of .1 would bring it up to 1.25. Adding .075 would bring it up to 1.225. Don't worry about the green, yellow and red bars. Overclockers will often be in the yellow or red zone. That's how we do what we do. We push the envelope.

Last edited:
Back