• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

o.c my system need some advise plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The H100 has a longer, than usual, radiator mounted on the top of the case, as opposed at the rear. Go to Youtube and search for Corsair H100 and you should find a lot of videos showing you how to install an H100.

Yes, you do need to check out the compatibility of the mounting with your case. Youtube is a good suggestion but you may also find some info on Corsair's website. Mostly just look at the pictures from the manual and you can probably tell if it would work or not. I'm sure Corsair has the manual on line for download.

ok thanks guys i think im going to go with the corsair h100. when i get it and install it and everything i wll post back for help with the o.c thanks again people

sorry for posting again just want to no when upgrading the cooler to the h100 will i still need the arctic cleaner and arctic silver 5 to be applyd to the cpu?

Anytime a cpu cooler is removed from the cpu, the cpu top must be cleaned and more heatsink compound applied to the top of the cpu before mounting any heatsink again.

The H100 will come with its own paste but I do not know if it is as good as AS 5.

ok thanks for that I have orderd it along with the silver 5 just to be safe. thanks for the help :)

n/m fixed the fans. but can someone tell me how i would go about testing it out beffor fitting it in the case?

Last edited:
hello again it took me ages but i finaly got the h100 installd and i guess workin on my pc now. can you guys help me to continue with the overclock. meny thanks

Where are you NOW?

Pictures can speak volumes describing what is going on.

Using screen capture software capture the CPU-z image at the CPU button; the Memory button and the
SPD button. The buttons are across the top of the CPU-z window. The Mainboard button can also be used and will show the bios version in case one wanted to check the motherboard bios being up to date.
NOTE: I never capture the whole monitor but only the CPU-z window at each button so that the dang image is not so...so ginormous.

This is link to HWmonitor and as shown on the screen; you would also check the cpu plus (+) so that the core temps of the cpu would be shown. With an AMD cpu we certainly need to see the core temps at least the later AMD cpus.

Download site for Prime95 with some "how to's" included. Prime 95 can be used to stress a system and with HWMonitor opened a temp log will be kept to see if temps get out of hand during or at the time of a failure of P95, if such does occur because of an unstable configuration.

Okay I have not been looking for a screen capture tool but wish many would use some with window capture instead of the whole screen. This proggie comes highly recommended. 4 Capture Modes: Window, Region, Scrolling and Full Screen. I normally use Window or Region so the whole dang screen is not captured and makes the image so dang large. I save capture to .jpg so files are smaller in general.

NOTE: Win7 also has the inbuilt "snipping" tool that can capture just a specific window of the screen so that the entire desktop is not captured.

NOTE 2: Please attach captures to the forum itself so we do not have to travel on a link to some outside site. Thanks man.

Here is what the 3 CPUz tab captures and the capture of HWMonitor could and should look like for neatness and ease of viewing for those that might wish to help with overclocking etc.

attachment.php

heres the temps along with cpu-z tabs.not running prime95 yet

Attachments

• tempsHM.jpg
    tempsHM.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 27
  • CPU-Z cpu.jpg
    CPU-Z cpu.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 31
  • CPU-Z memory.jpg
    CPU-Z memory.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 24
  • CPU-Z SPD.jpg
    CPU-Z SPD.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 30
Temps look great at idle but before you continue with your overclock you best run Prime95 to check for baseline load temps to make sure the water cooler is working properly. Its hard to tell much from idle temps. Run Prime95 blend for 20 minutes and report back.

results after running prim95 blend mode torture tests 6 for 20 mins

Attachments

• tempHM after prime95.jpg
    tempHM after prime95.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 21
Temps look great! But I'm looking at the JEDEC columns in post #112. That's the weirdest pattern I've ever seen. The SPD column of CPU-z is supposed to report the ram manufacturer's recommendations for timings and voltages at given frequencies. It is saying that you need less voltage to run the ram at 1333 mhz. and tighter timings than you do at 1000 and at 1066 mhz. Something is not right about that! What is the model number on the ram modules themselves? Where did you get it from?

kingston hyper x memory model number KHX2000C9AD3W1K2/4GX
4GB (2GB 256M x 64-Bit x 2 pcs.)
DDR3-2000 CL9 240-Pin DIMM Kit

My suggestion would be to run the memory at 1333 and the timings you see in SPD tab JEDEC#4 rather either of the "XMP" or "extended memory profile" columns, at least until you get your max CPU frequency overclock roughed out. The two XMP profiles both need 1.65 volts and AMD CPUs seem not to like to work with high ram voltage like that.

The first question I have for you as from looking at the CPU-z info in post #12 is why are you running your front side bus (fsb, aka, CPU frequency, aka, HT Reference) at 232.8? You should leave it at the stock 200 mhz. and set your ram divider so that the ram is running at 1333 and then just use the CPU multiplier to overclock the processor. For crying out loud, you have a black edition CPU with an unlocked multiplier. Don't make it more difficult than you have to.

thanks for the help but how do i run the memory at 1333? im in bios on my main pc and under dram frequency i only have the 928mhz,1237mhz,1547mhz and 1856mhz to choose from.not sure what to do

Back