• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xbox 360 or PS3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Who the hell cares? If the system has games that I like, I'll choose that one. I'm buying a PS3 soon, the MGS4 bundle. Why, you say, if I already have a 360?

Because I'm not a fanboy. And I have the extra money.

Picking up the PS3 on Friday along with GTA4.

Oh man I'm excited ... I haven't owned a Console in literally 6 years. Last console I bought was the PS2 when it first came out hehe.

I don't understand the xboh joke. How is it funny?

Not a joke...

Urban Dictionary:

From the source of jungle/dnb lingo, the Junglist Dictionary:

Bo! - Simulated gunshot. When a tune is big, say this loud if you want a rewind. In Jamaica, people used to fire blanks all the time when a tune was big.

RRoD is like 0% chance if you get a Falcon core or newer etc. As an AVID GT fan from way back in the day Forza 2 does compare... and quite favorably I might add... I have not played GT5, I have seen video and it does not seem like it is that much better. Forza 2 is awesome (I am sure Forza 3 will probably be out before GT5 non demo comes out) so Forza 3 will probably be pretty good too! Maybe even make GT5 which what... I mean how long does it friggin take? Seriously... do Sony fanoys ever wonder WTF is going on? Why the delays? Its sad...

Xbox 360 rules hands down right now in the game war its not even close. The fact that PS3 fanboys have to list Heavenly Sword as a top PS3 esclusive game should tell you right there that they have few good exlusive options, Heavenly Sword?! Really? Gimme a break folks I would rather get my hack n slash from Diablo 2 then boring as hell Heavenly Sword.

On another note Xbox Live makes PSN look like crap...if you disagree you are seriously out of your damn mind because PSN is garbage. So $50 for 13 months is well spent to avoid the horriblness that is PSN... Sony fanboys love to point out that PSN is free... well so if someone gave you a free bag of poop would you be bragging? I wouldnt! :beer: /drunkin rant

Last edited:
Sony fanboys love to point out that PSN is free... well so if someone gave you a free bag of poop would you be bragging? I wouldnt! /drunkin rant

No, but I wouldnt gloat about paying for air either

RRoD is like 0% chance if you get a Falcon core or newer etc. As an AVID GT fan from way back in the day Forza 2 does compare... and quite favorably I might add... I have not played GT5, I have seen video and it does not seem like it is that much better. Forza 2 is awesome (I am sure Forza 3 will probably be out before GT5 non demo comes out) so Forza 3 will probably be pretty good too! Maybe even make GT5 which what... I mean how long does it friggin take? Seriously... do Sony fanoys ever wonder WTF is going on? Why the delays? Its sad...

For one thing I would imagine it is taking them a long time to detail the dashboard/interior views of the 900+ cars GT5 is supposed to have. Have you played GT5:p in HD? IMO it looks noticeably better then GT4 in all areas, and despite what some people on this forum (whom haven't played the game) have touted the Prologue really is more then just a simple demo.

Despite what some people on this forum (whom haven't played the game) have touted the Prologue really is more then just a simple demo.

Yes, but it is priced like a full game release and contains little more content than most single episodic releases do. The fact that it was released at all indicates either tremendous greed or development trouble, and probably both.

Xbox 360 rules hands down right now in the game war its not even close. The fact that PS3 fanboys have to list Heavenly Sword as a top PS3 esclusive game should tell you right there that they have few good exlusive options, Heavenly Sword?! Really? Gimme a break folks I would rather get my hack n slash from Diablo 2 then boring as hell Heavenly Sword.

On another note Xbox Live makes PSN look like crap...if you disagree you are seriously out of your damn mind because PSN is garbage. So $50 for 13 months is well spent to avoid the horriblness that is PSN... Sony fanboys love to point out that PSN is free... well so if someone gave you a free bag of poop would you be bragging? I wouldnt! :beer: /drunkin rant

Look who's talking. Look who's the fanboy here. All your rant is just trashing how bad the PS3 is. Diablo 2 > Heavenly Sword ??? What have you been smoking? I admit PSN is not the best thing in the world, but how is it like poop? It sounds like you can call Sony fanboys idiots for using the supposingly "garbage" PSN, I can call you a retard for paying for a service where it should have been free in the first place.

Seriously, how is PSN like poop? Enlighten me please. You are making aruguments that doesn't make sense, with really nothing to back it up.

I'd be a lot more positive about the GT5 prologue if it were simply cheaper and/or offered a rebate with the purchase of the full version game.

The Forza games are really good racing games. I'm not gonna compare to a yet to be released GT5, but both are high quality racing games.

Don't be so sad Rainless man! Its all in good fun, I am being very tongue in cheek and sarcastic. I love to exagerate and I try to be humorous though it seems it is often lost on people focusing too much on my rediculous comparisons.

I told you it was a drunkin rant! I probably should not have posted at all in the state I was in last night... ok I was exagerating a lot about the Diablo 2 vs HS comment... I was just saying HS is a hack n slash, and that if I am going to play a hack n slash ill just go play D2 because D2 was fun.

Its a pain to communicate with friends on PSN, no in-game communication? How hard is that? XBL makes it super easy. That right there is a big deal for me.

Ok so maybe PSN is better than a free bag of poop! But Xbox Live really does outclass PSN. PSN is very barebones, it needs some work still, and I am sure Sony is working on it.

Don't get me wrong there are games for PS3 that I wish were coming for Xbox, MLB 08, MGS4 and possibly GT5 though like I said Forza 2 has really quenched my thirst for a good racing sim.

Last edited:
The implementation of XBL is better, but it's hard to swallow this vicious moneygrabbing that underlies it, especially when they are the only console provider stingy enough to charge.

Maybe if they had spent a little less on advertising Halo-bloody-3. A free online service would really be something to boast about, more so than that awful overrated shooter.

I think it is clear that in this case you get what you pay for. Would I like XBL to be free, of course, but if it meant I would lose some key features then I am not sure if it would be worth it.

Its a pain to communicate with friends on PSN, no in-game communication? How hard is that? XBL makes it super easy. That right there is a big deal for me.

That is one fact that I totally agree. The voice communciation is only available during in game, which I do find it annoying.

When compare XBL, there is no doubt XBL is definitely superior over PSN. However, XBL was created since the original xbox approximate 5 years ago, and they were already charging monthly fee since then. I believe the monthly fee was $9.99 a month. I'm not sure if there was any $50 a year sub fee during that time. They (very smart) already had a 4 - 5 year head start with XBL, plus the monthly fee to keep improving it. PSN pratically only started since the launch of PS3 and it is free. It will definitely take some time for them to catch up.

Just look at the PSP. You can even get skype phone on it today. I'm really hoping that they can (and will) improve PSN. It does have some catching up to do.

Who knows, Sony may come back and say," hey, it's free. So, shut up. Or we can start charging a subscription fee." I will be really **** if that happen.

I have a 1080p TV. PS3 plays Blu Ray. 360 doesn't. PS3 is getting Final Fantasy. 360 isn't. That was enough to make up my mind :)

Well, I'd say go with the 360. Why? Because that's what I bought, and I'm going to force my unfounded opinions on everybody else whether you asked for it or not, because I need to feel secure about my own decision to buy a product that I now second guess. Mkay? Great, I'm glad you'd see it my way. :p

In all honesty, though... I say "meh". Get the one that suits you best. At some point, you'll have to make the call. What's more important to you? Playing GTA4 and COD4 with your buddies? Or getting GT5? Personally, if you're a huge GT fan, I'd get a PS3... though, I wouldn't expect your friends to follow suit if they're happy with their 360's.

Sounds like you've already made the call... I'd just avoid listening to biased opinion (which we seem to have no shortage of around these parts). I'm honestly a little shocked nobody has popped their heads in yet to say "consoles suck... you should get a new video card". ;)

That is one fact that I totally agree. The voice communciation is only available during in game, which I do find it annoying.

When compare XBL, there is no doubt XBL is definitely superior over PSN. However, XBL was created since the original xbox approximate 5 years ago, and they were already charging monthly fee since then. I believe the monthly fee was $9.99 a month. I'm not sure if there was any $50 a year sub fee during that time. They (very smart) already had a 4 - 5 year head start with XBL, plus the monthly fee to keep improving it. PSN pratically only started since the launch of PS3 and it is free. It will definitely take some time for them to catch up.

Just look at the PSP. You can even get skype phone on it today. I'm really hoping that they can (and will) improve PSN. It does have some catching up to do.

Who knows, Sony may come back and say," hey, it's free. So, shut up. Or we can start charging a subscription fee." I will be really **** if that happen.

Actually they're releasing in game XMB in the very next patch, which should be next month. At that point there'll be virtually no difference between Xbox Live and PSN. Live has more users of course... for now.

Forza 2 is a great reason to buy a 360. It would be a must buy game if it wasn't bundled with it now. The driving is realistic and the multiplayer is the best part about it. There are still tons of people playing it even now. Including a large number of UK guys if you get on at the right time. And the developers still support it by releasing new car packs and tracks.

Forza 2 is a great reason to buy a 360. It would be a must buy game if it wasn't bundled with it now. The driving is realistic and the multiplayer is the best part about it. There are still tons of people playing it even now. Including a large number of UK guys if you get on at the right time. And the developers still support it by releasing new car packs and tracks.

Umm... He already bought his system. He got a 40GB Ps3.

But I'll copy and paste what you wrote in next week's "Which system should I buy" thread. :)

Back