• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED USB problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have trouble with some USB 3 devices not working with USB 3 ports in Windows 8. It's very random. But when the problem occurs if I look in Device Manager two of the USB entries in the tree have a red X by them. I have to reboot to restore them to normal function. I believe those two lines are xhci. If I plug that same problematic USB 3 device into a USB 2 port, no problem.

It will be fixed but after a reprogram from scratch by Microsofts crewe.
They made no dissolution in there reply in the usb teams blog that they have to have a complete rewrite to solve the ever growing list of devices.

I wish I could find the response but the threads have grown ten fold on upset users.

:)

Only yesterday I was filling a micro sd card on win 8 and after 6gb it said the device was out of space but it's a 32gb micro sd... Fun stuff...

Reminds me of what can happen with a corrupted FS, usually, because of power loss, because of orphaned clusters. (a.k.a. "lost clusters")
(Typical with FAT, rare with NTFS)

Orphaned clusters cause the FS to report less space than the actual.

Reminds me of what can happen with a corrupted FS, usually, because of power loss, because of orphaned clusters. (a.k.a. "lost clusters")
(Typical with FAT, rare with NTFS)

Orphaned clusters cause the FS to report less space than the actual.

Cheers I'll reformat and see if its still problematic :thup:

Back