• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unknown "RinDLL" error message

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dusnoetos

I am getting this message at startup.....
Googled "winfgi32.rom" and "winack32.rom" and came up with nothing.

How do I fix this issue - or do I have some kind of virus?????

Capture.JPG

errror.JPG

Could be a rundll reference in regedit Run location to a an old spyware/adware/crapware which was installed then removed by an application.

HKLM\Software\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKCU\Software\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Look for "rundll32" references. Anything you dont recognize, BOMB. OR just rename Run, create another key, restart. See if it returns.

The Wife's old PC had something similar to that and it turned to be a Vundo trojan virus,

I used this VundoFix 7.0.6 to remove it

Tried the Vundo thing.... nope... Still getting the message.

Have even run CCleaner registry thingie and (while it fixed a few other things....) no luck with current issue.

I have even been trying to find the noted file on my computer with no luck.

I am totaly stummped:-/

Run regedit and look for computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Run\MSSMSGS and delete the MSSMSGS parameter. Try reboot and see if this error message is gone. It worked for me.

Tried the Vundo thing.... nope... Still getting the message.

Have even run CCleaner registry thingie and (while it fixed a few other things....) no luck with current issue.

I have even been trying to find the noted file on my computer with no luck.

I am totaly stummped:-/

Run regedit and look for computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Run\MSSMSGS and delete the MSSMSGS parameter. Try reboot and see if this error message is gone. It worked for me.

That fixed it:rock: Thanks!!:attn:

Last edited:
Well after a week of computer issues and 2 reinstalls I have determined that I had a faulty hard drive. I switched to a different drive and all has been A-OK normal since.

I guess I will just have to wait and see to make sure all my issues have truly been resolved.

Back