• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UGH WHYYYY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bon3thugz43v3r

1920 Pointer Down the drain :bang head

[18:27:04] Completed 210000 out of 250000 steps (84%)
[18:37:31] Completed 212500 out of 250000 steps (85%)
[18:45:06] CoreStatus = 0 (0)
[18:45:06] Client-core communications error: ERROR 0x0
[18:45:06] Deleting current work unit & continuing...
[18:45:20] - Preparing to get new work unit...
[18:45:20] + Attempting to get work packet
[18:45:20] - Connecting to assignment server
[18:45:21] - Successful: assigned to (171.64.65.64).
[18:45:21] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[18:45:21] Loaded queue successfully.
[18:45:39] + Closed connections

Don't you get partial credit for what was completed?

Not saying that we should not fix this issue but I'm just trying to find the silver lining in it all...

Don't you get partial credit for what was completed?

Not saying that we should not fix this issue but I'm just trying to find the silver lining in it all...

I can't say I've seen partial points in a long time. Although it is hard to tell if you do when you have four clients running, like myself, and multiple wu's get returned every update.

I can't be sure, but the consensus seems to be the simulation ran out of memory space:

Another cause of error 0x0 is a Virtual Machine configured with too little RAM.

Completed 250000 out of 250000 steps (100%)
Finished Work Unit:
Leaving Run
- Writing 49212962 bytes of core data to disk...
CoreStatus = 0 (0)
Client-core communications error: ERROR 0x0
Deleting current work unit & continuing...

When you see this in the log file:

[18:45:06] Deleting current work unit & continuing...

You aren't going to get any credit and the WU is lost to Stanford until the prefered deadline has passed, unless your client happens to download the same WU. THat happens frequently. If you got a bad WU, it will error out in the same place. In this case, with the error message you got, I think it's memory usage on an A2 WU.

Yes it is a lack of memory. I had the same problem there a week ago. I had to increase the memory allocation in Vmware. I had it set to 1024 in Notfred but still had to increase it in Vmware settings to 1024 too. Hope this helps you.

Yes thats the main one, there is also one in the notfred config window if you are using notfreds VM where you can type in the memory to allocate.

How much memory do I need to allocate? I have 4 gigs and I allocated 1200.

Also why is this happening? It never used to say this in the VM window "attempt to access beyond end of device"

My time per frame has gone from 10 minutes to 25 minutes. Very wierd.

wso9au.jpg

Last edited:
feel for you man, Ive had a few of these myself :( still cant figure out why, it seems mighty random and its def not a hardware failure

Can you go into task manager or hardware monitoring while you're inside the VM, and see how much memory it's using?

Back