• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Double sided molding for plexiglass?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diurnal

Registered
I just received some molding for my plexiglass, and it is very difficult to put this stuff on. I have a weird design that has alot of curves and its very difficult to put this stuff on.Is there a easier way or should I cut my case into a square design to make the molding be easier to put on. Is there some other kind of stuff that is better than the rubber molding?I would show a picture but have no camera.

I know the stuff you're talking about. The butyl rubber molding you have has a locking strip, correct?

It is indeed VERY difficult to put on. You should see that one "lip" is thinner then the other. One lip will bend more easily. That is the side you need to install second. The side opposite to that should be installed first, then the second side, then the locking strip. See the attached picture.

Yeah I just did this and I wish I had seen this post but with the help of the old screw driver using it like a tire tool for changing bike tires it finally went on and looks so cool!

yes plubb , thats exactly what it looks like ,Ill tried the screwdriver trick.

Prepare for at least an hour or two of grueling work...it's really frustrating, I tried forever and as soon as I would get almost all of it in, another part would pop out. You can see my design in the case mod gallery, if you like. I eventually handed it over to my dad when I was about to break it in half and go make a round window, and he got it done in about an hour and a half using a nail file(small metal one from Swisscard, good size for the job, about 2" long) and superglue...I can't remember exactly, but I think he glued the rubber to the plexiglass and then went around the whole thing and got it in...work on a flat surface so you can put weight on some parts. Good luck, it's a b1tch!

took me about 10minutes make sure the whole is big enough or it will take 1.5hours. hehehhe

U can all ways do what i did i just super glued the plexy to the inside of teh case :}

or do what my friend did and screw the plexy on

Back