• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anything past 802.11ac?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyij

I am in need of getting a new wireless router and simply was wondering if there is (will be soon) anything past 802.11ac. I just feel like I remember reading something a while back..

Either way, anyone got suggestions for a new router? I would like to keep price around $150-$250. 3rd party firmware is also fine if you know of something good.

PS: I currently use the RT-N56U but am looking to upgrade to at least ac..

Thanks

Not sure what is past that, but I can say to check this section for router suggestions while you wait for personal assistance as this question is not the first time recently it has been asked. :)

Thanks for the link for the Asus RT-AC87.

I do like specs and all for that router.. especially since a company finally thought to move the USB3.0 away from the antennas.

I saw an ad for it (best buy) that advertises range for up to 5,000sq ft - I assume this is in an open area (in theory), but is that typical for a router? Or should I still go an buy like 4 9dbi antennas?

Back