• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doom 3 PC vs XBOX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarfaceFX

wouldnt you be upset if you payed alot of money to have your system Doom 3 ready and the XBOX version is supposed to look identical to it ? cause according to EGM,XBN,& Gameinformer Doom 3 is looking alot like the pc version but in what setting i dunno. :beer: :eh?:

Theres no way that Doom 3 will look as good on XBox as it does on PC. Either way the game would be a lot more fun on PC.

It's definately not going to look anywhere near as good on Xbox. The Xbox has what, a GeForce4 chip or something? That one thing I always bring up to my friends that live or die by the console - the graphics are better for the pc.

actually your all wrong, Doom 3 was first made for the xbox so it will look pretty good. Of course they will have to change stuff but it might look as good as the pc version

I dont get how you can compare a Geforce 3 directx 8 running at 640x480 vs a radeon x800pro directx 9 running at 1280x1024 (4xaa 8xaf) with ultra high quality.. thats just insane

fartem said:
actually your all wrong, Doom 3 was first made for the xbox so it will look pretty good. Of course they will have to change stuff but it might look as good as the pc version

no way bud! your wrong.

fartem said:

How do you know we're all wrong if you haven't see the Xbox version yet?

if you guys go to the official doom 3 site and check the screen shots for the both platform, it's obvious that PC version is much much better than the xbox version. I think it's easy to notice...

Because its a given. The hardware on the XBOX simply cant compare to that of an up to date PC. Not only will the graphics suffer because of the weaker hardware renderer inside the XBOX, but you have to control the game with a control pad thus limiting yourself. I know there are alot of you out there that love your gamepads, but give me a mouse and keyboard any day.

Salomon Orangge said:
Because its a given. The hardware on the XBOX simply cant compare to that of an up to date PC. Not only will the graphics suffer because of the weaker hardware renderer inside the XBOX, but you have to control the game with a control pad thus limiting yourself. I know there are alot of you out there that love your gamepads, but give me a mouse and keyboard any day.

Ditto.

DMac said:
How do you know we're all wrong if you haven't see the Xbox version yet?

Well if you wwatch the G4TV video Carrmack even said it was originally for xbox. Do you research man before getting all ****y ;)

Drec said:
no way bud! your wrong.

Naw i did my research man i think im right , It was orignally for Xbox . The will have to do some changes though for the xbox

It is true that it was origonally slated for the XBOX. That can be found on pretty much every software review site and on the Id site. You can google that and find it out.

well considering the fact that the graphics card on the xbox was specially built , im sure itll run fine... I think we should wait untill we ee video footage of the xbox version before deciding.

i have seen the demo from the xbox version and it looks very good actually. i mean its not comparable to pc but it looks kind of like chronicles of riddick, which is not bad at all. the demo is on the demo disk for the offical xbox mag i think

fartem said:
Well if you wwatch the G4TV video Carrmack even said it was originally for xbox. Do you research man before getting all ****y ;)

If you read my post, I wasn't talking about whether it was orginally for Xbox or not! I was talking about the fact that it will probably look better on PC.

Who's getting "****y" dude?

I don't see how you can say the Xbox version is better unless you've played both. Not just looked at the screenshots.

Eh... you can wait, but I can honestly tell you, that even though the XBOX vid card was specially made the game just WILL NOT look as good as on a PC. It's a matter of dated hardware. There's no doubt it will look good, the XBOX is a good console, and I love mine, but honestly I cant justify spending money on a game for the XBOX that is out on the PC that will in every way shape and form not quite live up to it's PC counterpart. If there is a game like this out, I always go for the PC version.

I dont know if any screenies are out from the XBOX version yet, but I'd like to try to find some and check out a comparison between the two. We can all argue all day about this until we are blue in the face, and I hate argueing. We have to all understand though that there IS a hardware difference between and XBOX and a PC. Denying that a XBOX is inferior to a PC is kind of... kind of like lieing to yourself.

Salomon Orangge said:
Eh... you can wait, but I can honestly tell you, that even though the XBOX vid card was specially made the game just WILL NOT look as good as on a PC. It's a matter of dated hardware. There's no doubt it will look good, the XBOX is a good console, and I love mine, but honestly I cant justify spending money on a game for the XBOX that is out on the PC that will in every way shape and form not quite live up to it's PC counterpart. If there is a game like this out, I always go for the PC version.

I dont know if any screenies are out from the XBOX version yet, but I'd like to try to find some and check out a comparison between the two. We can all argue all day about this until we are blue in the face, and I hate argueing. We have to all understand though that there IS a hardware difference between and XBOX and a PC. Denying that a XBOX is inferior to a PC is kind of... kind of like lieing to yourself.

Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back